What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Snowdrops are at the same stage, a few Crocus starting to flower and getting flattened by the rain. Looks like the dogs have dug my Hellebore up.

Hope Swarm's dog didn't chew/eat the hellebores as they are toxic to many mammals
Hellebore derved from the greek elein (to injure), and borus, (food). Luckily they are supposed to taste horrible so most animals leave them alone.

Last edited:
I have a nice hazel in my garden with lots of pollen 3m from the hives that are bringing in holly pollen, but not a bee on it. The holly pollen has a lot of lipids in them though.

I have a nice hazel in my garden with lots of pollen 3m from the hives that are bringing in holly pollen, but not a bee on it. The holly pollen has a lot of lipids in them though.
Is the holy flowering now?

Should I be concerned that there are no flights from my hives? Seems a lot of people reporting foraging activity already !:oops:

Should I be concerned that there are no flights from my hives? Seems a lot of people reporting foraging activity already !:oops:
It's January, don't panic, it's the usual scramble to report the first bee activity after Christmas

As it was a one-off mild day I decide.d to renew pollen patties on my hives. All hives flying strongly, but no pollen being brought in. All hives were thriving, a good weight. Most had nearly consumed the patty I put on three weeks ago, a few were just nibbling at it. I add pollen I collected last year to the mix. First flights I have seen for a couple of weeks

Temperatures were up today to over 13c so my foragers were out from all my hives. Our Viburnam Tinus was covered in overwintered workers. While jasmin and snowdrops out too they were being ignored. Hazel catkins out in adjacent woods. Hopefully spring is not far away!

Latest posts

Back