What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawthorne still flowering with us yet up the road a few miles its finished,Seems to be the case every year the trees come out at different times the pinker variety last.

Any honey from it? It’s as fickle as Lime I think.
Bees are hammering the holly here. Must be the only thing there is.

Nearly all OSR has finished here, there’s still the odd field flowering which was held back by flea beetle damage. Hawthorn and chestnuts have just about finished. Field beans are coming along ok, there is the odd bramble just started to flower in the last two days and the limes are about to start soon

Whilst walking around the Chichester lakes this afternoon I noticed the bees all over the Water hemlock dropwort. It's just every where.

Attachments

• IMG_54.jpg
    IMG_54.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 38
Surprised to see one large sycamore in the garden now in flower I think the frost we had a little while back may have set it back a bit.

Oilseed Rape finally coming to a close. Have had about 6 weeks of flowering as flooded fields slowed down crop development on some fields. Rape still in flower at the very top of the plant and given the vast acreage there is still a strong nectar flow; honey dripping out of brood combs when checking for Q/C yesterday. Hawthorne on its way out. Field beans in flower and bramble in bud.

In Solihull Hawthorn has just ended. Cherry Laurel is covered in honey bees at the moment.

Most blackberry coming onto flower here. Disaster: that's my Main Flow and it's still May!

I wondered if this might happen. Even though the frosts have started, some tough brambles here still flowering amazingly...some flowering in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere at the same time!

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_145545635.jpg
    IMG_20200527_145545635.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 19
Any idea what this is? Hydrangea? It's growing along one side of my out apiary.

IMG_20200527_150609026.jpg

IMG_20200527_150543243.jpg

whats next to flower around manchester bramble? when is the main flow around here?

whats next to flower around manchester bramble? when is the main flow around here?

Have a look round. You’re allowed out now:D
Summer forage is bramble clover rosebay and later heather plus any crops like beans and borage. Some people are lucky and have forage crops like sainfoin planted. Any arable around you?

:drool5:I had a small amount of clover pollen coming in and a very large field of white clover flowering next to one of my apiaries yesterday. I have never seen this field in flower so early.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back