What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a single open flower on my Rambling Rose Francis E Lester. Loads of buds, should be a wonderful display this year. The Wisteria was beautiful but the leaves are taking over now.

Same here
We have lots of cotoneaster and that has been busy with one bee or another for a month!
Our 100 year old pyracantha on half the house wall has died. Just not a single leaf on it.
Any recommendations for a bee friendly replacement? We have a white wisteria on the other half.

I'll have a think, funny enough our Cotoneaster suffered the same fate as your Pyracantha, dry as kindling and not a leaf. I plan to replace it with a Hawthorn hedge.
Meanwhile, just took these ….

Attachments

• arum 1.jpg
    arum 1.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 36
  • arum 2.jpg
    arum 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 30
  • arum 3.jpg
    arum 3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 31
We have lots here. Usually enough to make a small pot or two.

Re your wild sage. Ours is nearly over. Next time you’re there rub a leaf between your fingers and smell it.

attachment.php
I have just done that and I picked some to have with my chicken dinner.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Lots of hawthorn, Berberis (?) in several gardens, Welsh poppies and something (which I cannot trace) giving lots of cream/white pollen that the bees are bringing into the hives here in Cumbria.

Attachments

• A6D37FCF-EDA1-4CE2-8929-F5B017253392.jpeg
    A6D37FCF-EDA1-4CE2-8929-F5B017253392.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 35
The approach of winter down here...signals the onset of flowering of the pin-cushion hakea. Loves my sandy soil and takes the frosts.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_085710933.jpg
    IMG_20200516_085710933.jpg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 41
First bramble flowers seen today!

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
The approach of winter down here...signals the onset of flowering of the pin-cushion hakea. Loves my sandy soil and takes the frosts.

I love to see your pics, you bring a new perspective on the forum Thanks

Comparing the local forage here in Suffolk to my Pickard Beekeeprs Rule it seems that we are still running about 2 weeks early.

The Hawthorn is starting to go over and the Elder is already in full bloom. I think the June gap will be on us very soon.

Bramble in flower in sheltered spots, with plenty to come. Hawthorn almost over, Elderflower doing really well, but not seen many bees on it.

This laburnum arch is in one of my clients garden. Full of bumbles but not one honey bee!

Attachments

• IMG_98.jpg
    IMG_98.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 28
Took some pics of the activity on the wisteria today, it was alive with honey bees.
They've been busy on ours (which conceales the old pig sty and toilet at the top of the garden) unfortunately it's next to the super storage shed which tends to distract them :D

Latest posts

Back