Stimulative feeding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There you are then....no need for pretend stuff when the real stuff is better
All my broods are stuffed with it.
Do you feed pollen in a dearth in the autumn or in early spring?
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to save it until spring - a time when they need the protein to expand rapidly? Or do you think by then there's already some pollen coming in so better to use it when they have nothing coming in?

I've just got on 500 acres of oil seed rape and 400 acres of beans from next year. Never had bees on either so that'll be a learning curve. Is there any time constraints on nectar from beans like there is for rape extraction?

I understand they're both early flowering but do the beans come on a little later or at same time as the rape?

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to save it until spring - a time when they need the protein to expand rapidly? Or do you think by then there's already some pollen coming in so better to use it when they have nothing coming in?
Maybe if you want to build your workforce up to take advantage of an early flow in which case you need to be feeding it 6 to 8 weeks before your expected flow. If the flow doesn’t materialise (weather for example) you’re faced with having to feed.

Latest posts

Back