What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of catkins seen on our walk today and also a myriad of small plants sprouting from the forest floor. So mild around here.

A really good flowering display this summer in the antipodes for the native Box (photo), but also cotoneaster (don't they hum with bees in them!), and blackberry is still looking ok, particularly at elevation. Also, the gorgeous red flowers of the Pohutukawa from NZ.

Attachments

• IMG_20220103_125639414_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220103_125639414_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211231_200936898.jpg
    IMG_20211231_200936898.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
- 4 here glad to get out of the cold wind moved a few colonys today trudging around fields also cutting up a 400 year old oak tree that fell 12 months ago.
Going to try and count the rings.

Post a picture. I have an app that will tell me how old it is.
That was going to be my next question, you must be a mind reader:unsure::ROFLMAO:.
I was going to look on the usual store.

It’s been stacked up at the bottom of the garden for the hens to play on and will be logged as we have room to store it. I didn’t want it felled but it was right next to the house and raining dead branches. A good ten feet of the trunk has been left for Stan to hang his hammock from 😁

It’s been stacked up at the bottom of the garden for the hens to play on and will be logged as we have room to store it. I didn’t want it felled but it was right next to the house and raining dead branches. A good ten feet of the trunk has been left for Stan to hang his hammock from 😁
Get creative - STUMP ART - ............................

My Mahonia has been in flower for weeks . I reckon tonight should put a stop to that !

My Mahonia has been in flower for weeks . I reckon tonight should put a stop to that !

Yes, -4C forecast here. Last winter the ice cracked our pond circumferentially underneath the rim so I've just placed what I hope will prevent a repeat.

Attachments

• AF611E82-FEE5-481F-85FE-0E65A98677B1.jpeg
    AF611E82-FEE5-481F-85FE-0E65A98677B1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back