Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Just had a look at their website. I was last there 35 years ago! It’s changed a bit 😱
Don’t know about Quince but Dan is on the forum. Not posted fir a while but drops in to look now and then.

Wingy 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
478A64F7-AA93-477B-9E20-A59EE8B97002.jpeg
26 November Hazel is out 7 C and some hives still out flying in reasonable numbers - mad season

StephenT 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Flowering cherry out in North London streets; usually begins in January.

Never seen a honey bee on Fatsia japonica or hazel.
I’ll have a look around tomorrow morning to see if it’s doing the same in West London. Too cold tomorrow for foraging but then it looks like it’s getting a bit warmer.

Curly green finger's 

Apiculturist to the bones!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Over 50
I’ll have a look around tomorrow morning to see if it’s doing the same in West London. Too cold tomorrow for foraging but then it looks like it’s getting a bit warmer.
Do you mean this type I've seen it flowering Winter flowering cherry

Lizbee 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I don't believe it... Two years ago my huge eucalyptus tree bloomed in April, and the bees were all over it. Last year it flowered in November, when they were all tucked up in bed. This year - same again. It is just coming into flower now and the weather is freezing, literally. Not a bee to be seen and all that food going to waste. Maybe it thinks it is in Australia and it is Springtime

victor meldrew 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
You're right, Mark. The link describes the flowering period as November - March, so it's not at all early.
I have mahonia in full flower which is not unusual at this time of year . They got frost plus wind chill damage during the beast from the east . I thought I’d lost them . I fear the worst after the wind and low temperatures yesterday and over night .😧

holmbee 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
I have mahonia in full flower which is not unusual at this time of year . They got frost plus wind chill damage during the beast from the east . I thought I’d lost them . I fear the worst after the wind and low temperatures yesterday and over night .😧
I have mahonia out as well. Only attracting bumbles as so chilly here. Also a few bumbles on the Eleagnus.

Latest posts