what transport do use for beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
:driving::driving::auto::auto::auto:View attachment 5494
what do you use for your beekeeping transport mine is 1984 VW Transporter pickup.photo shows her having a service before MOT. It was a gift from the wife. can move loads of hives at one time and I love her to bits oh! and the wife

I used to use a focus estate till the wife wrote it off

2007 tdci 110 land rover defender doulble cab pick up and 18 foot ifor williams trailer with hyab don't really need the landy for bee keeping but as i spend most of the winter shooting its easier to have just the one motor.

Ford Ranger pick-up.takes 9 hives at a sitting.4 wheel drive for farm land

a VW Golf but before i used a landrover series 3.....but had to get rid of it due to London emission zone......Now Boris at the last minute has done a U turn and given landrovers with seats in the back a reprieve and just by fitting two fold up seats in the back i could have kept using it:rant::rant::rant:

so searching for a nice landrover 90 if anyone has got one for sale (200 tdi)

Last edited:
i use a opel corsa can just about get 4 hives in and if i need to move more i use a mates transit van. not much good in fields tho. havnt got the corsa stuck yet tho.

Nissan Micra!! With the back seats down, its a diddy van with windows!

tut tut.

mozzie nets are very useful for wrapping hives in transit. no need to worry about loose bees in the vehicle so no looking like a t*t in suit and veil whilst driving down the motorway.

SV6 Holden Commodore. Single supers & nucs only. In the boot. All other movements are cross country. Short distances only. Love this forum Yanta

322111_855b0f8d.jpg

Day to day. - Wheelbarrow

Large items - Long Wheel Base LDV COnvoy

If ground bad Renault Trekka 4 x 4 small but will still take a TBH with the seats down. (that's the seats down in the car NOT the TBH before you ask!)

Latest posts

Back