Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

gmonag 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
6 Rose Hives
Following extraction and while setting up to run the honey from the extractor through a double filter it occurred to me that during a previous session a fly entered the work room and flew through the annular gap into the honey bucket.
I'm thinking how much better it would be if plastic/stainless steel disc with an off centre aperture sized to support the fine mesh part of the filter (say about 400mm dia) was produced instead of the extendable support arms.
Cut a hole in a lid

gmonag 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
6 Rose Hives
Very nice.
May I suggest a cord or bungee from the back of the tipper to the top of the bucket, to prevent toppling?

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
Well, I didn’t make the tipper, just gave the requirements and the commission! Hubby did the hard work.

View attachment 22135
View attachment 22134

are much easier.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Won't work for bottling the stuff though.
I must admit though I don't see the need for a tilting stand. I just made a wooden box slightly taller than a 1lb squat jar that the bottling tank sits on. a wooden spoon placed underneath the back of the bucket tilts it far enough for pouring

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Won't work for bottling the stuff though.
I must admit though I don't see the need for a tilting stand. I just made a wooden box slightly taller than a 1lb squat jar that the bottling tank sits on. a wooden spoon placed underneath the back of the bucket tilts it far enough for pouring
Fair comment. Hubby enjoyed making though!

Hachi 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
20+
Made a second vaping tray to fit Maisey's comrcl poly nuc as I need to speed the process up.
Sprayed the brood frames against Wax Moth.

drex 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Very nice.
May I suggest a cord or bungee from the back of the tipper to the top of the bucket, to prevent toppling?
Made my own similar one some years ago. Have never had a bucket topple. Really handy bit of kit to get the last of the honey out

AubMar 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I bought a Logar 50kg honey tank recently with dims of 310mm dia and 500mm high making it a bit awkward for warming, so had to make a honey warmer.
First I made a base with 3"x2" stand-offs for the tank to sit on and then cut holes in the base insulation for these to come through. Using 50mm insulation I made the box and lid. The lid holds all the heating, fan and temp controller and simply becomes a hot box where the fan blows the warmed air down one side of the tank, underneath and up the other side and back into the heater port. The temp will be controlled by a STC1000 (on the way) with the sensor protruding from the lid into the tank area. I've been experimenting with a reptile heater controller already going up to 35c and it looks promising. My heat source is an IR 100w bulb usually used for reptiles or an incubator.

Logar50kg.jpeg HoneyWarmer.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts