What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do it......then you can change your avatar for a seasonal one in December
Good idea, just need to persuade a friend with photoshop to add the hat! Can you pls advise how do you change your descriptor eg house bee, new bee etc? Can’t see a way of amending from the settings but maybe that’s determined by the moderator?

Can you pls advise how do you change your descriptor eg house bee, new bee etc?
It's not up to the individual to chose (got nothing to do with how many certificates you have) it's an algorithm calculated on the number of posts you make

Insulation of roof now done.
Now must make decision what colour to paint the walls... Magnolia, magnolia or magnolia?
One tin matt, one eggshell, one soft sheen.... all waterbased....about 10 liters in all...
FREE STUFF... picked up on my travels!

Well computer algorithms are only as good as the programmer, who should not only make things work but also make things make sense …..:laughing-smiley-014 how many male Queens do we have on this forum ? :laughing-smiley-004
I always thought that was daft
Have you a suggestion for an alternative?

Old Drone ????
There's old drones and bold drones but there are no old bold drones ...

My grandson asked me where the King bee was if there was a Queen bee ... Dead I said ... but he died happy ... and there ended the conversation - fortunately.

I always thought that was daft
Have you a suggestion for an alternative?
Its not easy is it, only 3 castes of bee and two of them or female ! Heres a little list of words gleaned from the web:

industrious (little) worker

House bee

Housekeeper

Undertaker – or should we skip that one?

Nurse bee

Royal attendant

Storeroom / stockist / assistant

Fanning

Architect / master builder /comb maker

Guard/ Law supporter / agent

Field bee / Forager

Venerable Drone

Supreme Queen

Its not easy is it, only 3 castes of bee and two of them or female ! Heres a little list of words gleaned from the web:

House bee

Housekeeper

Nurse bee

Royal attendant

Fanning

Field bee / Forager

Venerable Drone

Supreme Queen
Moderatetor?

Moderatetor?

House bee

Housekeeper

Nurse bee

Royal attendant

Fanning

Field bee / Forager

Venerable Drone

Supreme Queen
Ah now I do like venerable drone

I remember a Geordie shipmate of mine giving us the tour guide treatment as we took the metro from Newcastle to the sea school in Shields, as we approached Bede old Sharkey piped up 'and now we approach the town made famous by the monk and social historian - the Venereal Bede'

Latest posts

Back