What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent yesterday in the workshop. I planed some WRC and made 3 OMF floors. I created the basics of 3 gabled roofs and then realised I was short of aluminium sheets for the cladding. Just rung my source at a printers in High Wycombe and I am off to collect some more this morning.

Do printers give these sheets away?

Yes if you can find one
E

Or they keep them and sell them for scrap ...or they cotton on that they are great for beehive roofs and they sell them for more than scrap value to beekeepers! Find a caravan scrap yard.., they will sell
Larger sheets for much less...

On the island there is no scrap yards that sell to public : ( but I have a caravan I need to get rid of..

I trade with my supplier but the sheets are pure aluminium and my printer supplier says the scrap rate is quite high.

I guess he would if he's negotiating for a higher price to a beekeeper.

He wasn't negotiating anything. At nearly £1800 a tonne at todays spot price it aint cheap is it?

He wasn't negotiating anything. At nearly £1800 a tonne at todays spot price it aint cheap is it?
Actually aluminium is very cheap, hence it's ubiquitous use in the manufacture of drinks cans which litter the countryside.

How much does a print plate weigh? 250 g or less? Scrap value 45p.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Hmmm - When doing a routine boarding of a fairly newish ship carrying scrap aluminium cans from New Holland to the continent a few years ago the skipper (and owner/operator) looked at me and said 'it's not often I sail with a cargo that is worth more than my ship'

Hmmm - When doing a routine boarding of a fairly newish ship carrying scrap aluminium cans from New Holland to the continent a few years ago the skipper (and owner/operator) looked at me and said 'it's not often I sail with a cargo that is worth more than my ship'
Maybe he was smuggling coke.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Having picked kilos if black currants I’m all set to be making black currant, honey and lavender jam in my workshop for Conwy honey fair

Added a treadmill motor to the second hand Giordan extractor we bought, took most of the day to weld the brackets & build the power system properly, all nicely earthed and so much quieter than the noisy drill that came with it :)

£7 for motor control unit, £6 for enclosure, £22 for new belt & pullys (changed ratio a bit) and £1 for the treadmill so £36 all in.

picture.php

been chasing my ass all bee season for kit, made up a Nat brood box and 7 supers with frames and wax as the flow is still on and its getting hard to keep up. Might start extracting very soon.

Added a treadmill motor to the second hand Giordan extractor we bought, took most of the day to weld the brackets & build the power system properly, all nicely earthed and so much quieter than the noisy drill that came with it :)

£7 for motor control unit, £6 for enclosure, £22 for new belt & pullys (changed ratio a bit) and £1 for the treadmill so £36 all in.

picture.php
nicely done!

Latest posts

Back