What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one super that is 1mm off square, problem is I had already glued it so it won't move. That won't be a problem will it?

:thanks:

No - but in future, don't bother gluing them - there's no need

oops - misread that, thought you had glued a frame up - but one mm off square won't even be seen, so no, still don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo8916

I have one super that is 1mm off square, problem is I had already glued it so it won't move. That won't be a problem will it?

All I can say is "If you are worried about 1mm then stay away from the sales of second quality kit".!
The twists and turns on some hive parts creates a structure that is reminiscent of some of Gaudi's architecture in Barcelona!

All I can say is "If you are worried about 1mm then stay away from the sales of second quality kit".!
The twists and turns on some hive parts creates a structure that is reminiscent of some of Gaudi's architecture in Barcelona!

must say that have never seen an example like thst in all the second quality kit I've put together

The only way I can make sense of this whole section is to assume that "1mm" was a misprint for "1cm". In which case yes, it needs remaking. 1mm is to all intents undetectable.

The only way I can make sense of this whole section is to assume that "1mm" was a misprint for "1cm". In which case yes, it needs remaking. 1mm is to all intents undetectable.

No it is 1mm. It is just one of those things that I know will probably wind me up. My plan is to make it look square from the front then I hopefully won't notice lol

No it is 1mm. It is just one of those things that I know will probably wind me up. My plan is to make it look square from the front then I hopefully won't notice lol

How does the saying go?
Don't sweat about petty things,
And don't pet sweaty things.
:yeahthat:

Added another slab of fondant to one hive . Lots of flying and plenty of yellow and white pollen coming into the poly hives . Wooden hive still half asleep .

Set up new out apiary. Very satisfying hacking back in to dense bramble that provides a wonderful natural wind break.

Popped up to Carreg for a quick check of the hives - pleasant way to spend a few hours quiet contemplation on a cold but dry Sunday afternoon - total seclusion apart from the bees.
All hives hefted and getting lighter (but not feather light) One colony halfway through a lump of fondant but the rest are happy enough tucking into what's left of their stores.

Nice fine Monday morning and -2C. So I gained some strength by having breakfast and then replaced two single hive stands with a double one which is about 20cms further off the ground (to reduce bending). As bees are still semi comatose and the last week has been cold and wet or just wet and cold, I expect no issues of bees getting lost etc.

A few bees came out to greet me - it was sunny but still cold. The frost on the grass was just melting - so they quickly retreated.

Job done before 9am :sunning: Too soon for a G&T

Visited 3 apiaries and closed off all OMF and the same for my Nucs for this year. I am worried with all this late cold and lots of wind, that the colonies may well be over ventilated at a time when her royal highness is starting to increase her laying. The sad thing is, is that theres tons of Gorse early willow pollen, but they just cant get out to it.

Did a tour of the apiaries on Monday. Added fondant and M*** L*** patties to each one. A little disappointed to find I had lost another hive. This was one I was going to use for breeding it was an old queen however.

All bees flying, pollen coming in yesterday. Orientation flights from polyhive...

Did a tour of the apiaries on Monday. Added fondant and M*** L*** patties to each one. A little disappointed to find I had lost another hive. This was one I was going to use for breeding it was an old queen however.

You can say Mann Lake, Thornes, Paynes, Maisemore, C Wynne Jones etc etc you name it now.

Latest posts

Back