Weather - snow forecast for weekend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My external thermometer at 3pm - full sunlight but placed in shade - said 3.6C. There were a few bees out in the sun...

Hi derekm,
Very good way of putting it. Same here, but slightly warmer.

froze whilst playing hockey in leeds, a little snow, a little hail and lots of wind.

what was it like elsewhere?

-3C overnight. Nice and sunny today at 9am.

Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.

(My greenhouse is nice and warm)

Pretty-much the same over here: heavy frost overnight. Right now (11 am) there's still frost together with the remnants of the last few day's snow in the hollows and in the shade .... but it's sunny :) and although the temp is only 5.5 deg C, all hives are flying a few bees.

That is, except for one - a very late swarm - which I'm pretty-sure has died. Last time I looked (on that lovely warm sunny day we had a couple of weeks back) it was down to a cupful of bees. If the weather had been kinder it might have survived, but it wasn't, so it didn't.

LJ

Strong north wind and covered with snow ( 10-20cm). Yesterday day temp. +15celsius bees gathering pollen and nectar, today 1-3 . Now freezing.. Morning temp. predicted -8 till -10. On monday day temp. predicted +15celsius. For wednesday as they say day temp. will be +20celsius.
It seems like someone is playing too much with buttons.:confused:

-3C overnight. Nice and sunny today at 9am.

Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.

(My greenhouse is nice and warm)

A pity you couldn't move the greenhouse over the hive in winter!

Just got back from a sailing trip from north Europe and had big seas, snow and negative temps all the way here. It was a relief to arrive back in the tropical UK...

At night -20C, in some places -30C.

It is midday now and -8C.

It is exceptionally cold period going here.
Hives have not done cleansing flight.

Just hit the magic 7 here, you can measure it by watching the hives, 7 and out they come.
Cazza

A pity you couldn't move the greenhouse over the hive in winter!

A sure way to kill the bees:)

+2.6C overnight.
Raining and 5C now.

Not a bee in sight. Not many humans walking either - except those owned by dogs.

Latest posts

Back