Weather - snow forecast for weekend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow has arrived in Wigan!
It's blowing an Easterly hooligan driving a blizzard !

No bees flying today !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14C here but blowing a gale. Snow forecast for tomorrow morning.

Short interlude of "whoah its snowing :O" in our english lesson as the snow srarted to thicken, all I could think about were my poor bees :(

Just heard on the news that it's the coldest March day since 1986, does this mean we're due for a hurricane next year?

Just heard on the news that it's the coldest March day since 1986, does this mean we're due for a hurricane next year?

Unlikely we'll have a hot enough summer for a hurricane...

-5C at 7.30am , 2 mms of snow.. seems normal for March in the 1990s.

This is what i woke upto this morning, The raised beds in the front of the picture are made from railway sleepers on their side, so the snow by the time it stopped snowing at about 11am there was about 30cm in total.

Because my boss lives west of chichester she didnt have any snow so thought i was pulling a fast one, will be interesting to see what she says to me tomorrow. My wife was stuck on the A23 all night after leaving work in haywards heath at 5.30pm. she got home this morning at 11.30am.

Must have been horrible sleeping in a cold car all night

Yep on her own to. lucky we had filled up on sunday so was able to run the engine for most the night to keep warm.

Unlikely we'll have a hot enough summer for a hurricane...

-5C at 7.30am , 2 mms of snow.. seems normal for March in the 1990s.

The last two years the long range weather forecasters have forecasted BBQ summers.
They are strangely quiet this year. Either they are always 100% wrong or they have learnt their lesson.

This last sunday last year it was 17 degrees and I performed a brief inspection on two of my hives, killed a nasty queen and it with another hive.

I 'de-wintered' the hives on the 27th March (took excess food away, first proper inspection etc). No temperatures over 15 degrees on the horizon yet going into April.... :mad:

-4c overnight.

Pond frozen solid for a week now.. poor frogs... annual mating delayed by weather ...

Last night the 16 day forecast said 2C end of March. It's now looking like it might finally get warm then. 15c-18c. Bring it on!!!!

Wednesday 3 pm - 'tis blowing a north-easterly right now, with snow flurries.
Far too cold for Yours Truly to be working outside, but have just noticed that there are a few hardy bees flying. Must have some Russian blood inside 'em ...

LJ

Latest posts

Back