Weather - snow forecast for weekend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a nice day here, cold-ish wind but quite bright and NO rain and no snow,

Rubbish day here. Slushy snow on the ground. Sleet and cold wind. Grim.
Sat in my bee shed looking forward to Spring.
Cazza

Bright! raw easterly strong wind here!
Deffo no bees flying today !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul Jones

"last few days it's been around 14-16"

welcome to the forum...but excuse any envy as it was a chilly 4 c at midday here and now plummeting...

Been snowing most of the day up over the hills, down here in the valley, none at all, and several degrees warmer, one of my sons just arrived to start his shift at the night time lambing, said the snow was now drifting quite heavily up on top.

, one of my sons just arrived to start his shift at the night time lambing,

HiveM - Thank you for sharing that with us ...

Snowing here on the Isle of White!!

Strong winds and freezing temperatures. I was planning to cut the lawn today. Have to read BBKA mag intead.

February was cold and looking at the forecast for the next 10 days March is shaping up to be much colder than usual. Cycling across Bristol this morning it was around 2C with a icy wind. It's time for spring!

Only -1C here at 11am.

What's to complain about?

Bunch of wusses.. :)

We've just had double glazing installed throughout our 200 year old cottage and I feel like a bee in a poly nuc :)
-1 and blowing a little snow.

After three days of sleet and snow, which never really came to anything and a BBC weather forecast talking about bands of snow across the country hitting Norfolk over night? Well I woke this morning to bright sunshine and what ever snow had fallen has melted. Its dam cold though.

I think it’s a day to prepare my new hives for coating with Osmo.

Good luck with the Lambing Pete.

Fondant

Did a check on my two WBCs on sunny Saturday and the bees in both hives were happily munching away on fondant in its plastic wrapping on crown board. About quarter of pack of fondant left in each high. Question one: is that ok to leave in at this (cold even in Cornwall) time of year? And two, they were up in the roof space as they'd broken the fondant pack open more, but presumably if they can get up there, they can get back???? Thanks

Had some blizzard conditions here this morning, 3 spells of heavy snow and strong winds.
Had my mates funeral this morning and it was absolutely freezing and snowing hard. Alot of people dressed in black all covered in snow, my mate would have smiled.

Hoping my hives are doing well with plenty of brood to replace the old bees, but hope there are enough old bees to keep it warm.
Hives must be on tickover, keep having a couple of days when HM must think here we go crack on with the egg laying and then whoa hold on.

It may be we have a high attrition rate this spring............ for loads of reasons. Fingers crossed.

Pete D

-5 with us here - heavy snow flurries intersersed with sunny spells - snow not rerally sticking so I'm not that worried would have done some work in the shed but it's so cold the glue is just freezing rather than going off!

-5 with us here - heavy snow flurries intersersed with sunny spells - snow not rerally sticking so I'm not that worried would have done some work in the shed but it's so cold the glue is just freezing rather than going off!

Me too, I decided discretion was the better part of valor today and have come indoors to do some catching up on paperwork, the shed work can wait till its not quite so gibbering !

Latest posts

Back