Weather - snow forecast for weekend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forest honey?
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok Finman.......what have we done to upset you......please stop sending us your snow! Keep it to yourselves and give us back our sun!
E

Our sun? OUR? OUR?

MY sun... it's shining here as I write just on me..

Pity about the 5C and the wind...

Just thought I'd put my proxy-weatherman hat on yet again and flag-up the predicted conditions for the next few days - which I guess many folk already know about - but if not :

Standing SNOW and HEAVY RAIN for the next 48hrs ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gmmVFaFWVk[/ame]

Guess I'd better get the snow boards out again ...

LJ

Thanks LJ,
Battening down the hatches for the next four days ... again. How long can my bees stand up to this punishment. Here's me training to lead the good life!

Latest forecast:
This Evening and Tonight:
Rain will continue to spread northeast across all areas overnight, turning readily to snow across Snowdonia and other high ground, with snow to lower levels across northeast Wales later. Winds continuing to strengthen, bringing a risk of blizzards on hills. Minimum temperature -1 °C.
Friday:
Further rain or snow, often persistent and heavy. Snow generally over high ground in the north but also to low levels in northeast Wales. Continuing risk of blizzards. Staying cold. Maximum temperature

:banghead:And in a fit of boredom, and the fact that After working all next week I have organised a Hoonormous chipper for when i get home to get rid of all the timber I have thinned down from the apiary boundaries I thought I'd get VFM and finally tackle the hedge between us and the neighbours (seriously overgrown as I couldn't be bothered the last five years or so). So today, in my thermals in the p!ssing rain I have been cutting down the big timbers for next door's and the outlaw's wood burners and trimming the hedge back to the bare minimum in the hope it will bush out and look tidy in a few years. All clothes now washed and in the tumble dryer as tomorrow I will mostly be in my thermals in the p!ssing rain cutting down the big timbers for next door's and the outlaw's wood burners and trimming the hedge back to the bare minimum in the hope it will bush out and look tidy in a few years as i have the convention on Saturday and the Association apiary hedge to do Sunday :hairpull: :banghead::banghead:Deep joy!

Snow overnight 1 cm.# Edit at 8am now 2-4cm after survey running...(yes I AM mad)
Blowing hard
Sat's charity walk around Tittesworth reservoir cancelled due to snow.

Bees all fed yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back