Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the worker and the drone;144667 said:
You assume I am a relative or a friend.

Could I not be an individual that is non biased?

I know someone who got bees there and they are great, which is why I started to post here.

With regards to my comments re Publish: is it not in our interests to hear if some companies are not offering the best service? - ofcourse it is!

It's the constant banging on - OTT

I suspect if WPF answered his e-mails and responded to his customers concerns then they would stop banging on, don't you think?
It doesn't take a business genius to realise that if you sell a shoddy product then refuse to deal with customer complaints then you are going to get back PR on forums such as this.

It's the constant banging on - OTT

Don't bother reading the thread if thats an issue with you.

greatbritishhoney;144668 said:
I suspect if WPF answered his e-mails and responded to his customers concerns then they would stop banging on, don't you think?
It doesn't take a business genius to realise that if you sell a shoddy product then refuse to deal with customer complaints then you are going to get back PR on forums such as this.
:iagree:

plumberman;144678 said:
Don't bother reading the thread if thats an issue with you.

:iagree:

Sorry TW&TD, but as a totally unbiased individual, I was also thinking that you are either the man involved or a friend/associate. There are obviously a lot of angry people left in the wake of devastation, so this is somewhat understandable.
I do not agree with the bashing of dyslexics (my husband is severely dyslexic) but this has been thoroughly shot down in this thread already.
Dyslexic or not, GBH is correct that communication is the issue overall. Lots of us would put up with a lot of delays and issues with only mild grumbling if communicated to properly. It doesn't take a lot to email out to people or put a notice of apology up on a website regarding issues you are having. In fact, something like that would probably hold any supplier in higher regard. It has been shown by larger firms (can't remember the names, but it was a study mentioned in 'Good Boss, Bad Boss') that admitting a problem outright, apologising and saying what you are putting in place to try and stop it from happening again bodes far better for customer relations than the ostrich approach!

what might be useful for all concerned (especially given the comments from local TS) would be for this thread (or perhaps a new dedicated thread) to from now on stick simply to posts by CUSTOMERS only. This will then provide a file of evidence to help TS start a case.

my idea would be for anyone willing to stand up and be counted (and open to contact from TS) to provide:

Order contents
when placed
amount paid and method of payment

when (if) fulfilled
issues with items received

if not received - provide details of attempts to contact and excuse(s) given.

details of any promised recompense yet to be actioned
any compensation/refund actually received direct from WPF
any refund obtained independently via credit card/chargeback/paypal.

what do others think? stick to the facts that are needed to ensure evryone concerned gets sorted out.

drstitson;144696 said:
what might be useful for all concerned (especially given the comments from local TS) would be for this thread (or perhaps a new dedicated thread) to from now on stick simply to posts by CUSTOMERS only. This will then provide a file of evidence to help TS start a case.

my idea would be for anyone willing to stand up and be counted (and open to contact from TS) to provide:

Order contents
when placed
amount paid and method of payment

when (if) fulfilled
issues with items received

if not received - provide details of attempts to contact and excuse(s) given.

details of any promised recompense yet to be actioned
any compensation/refund actually received direct from WPF
any refund obtained independently via credit card/chargeback/paypal.

what do others think? stick to the facts that are needed to ensure evryone concerned gets sorted out.

iv contacted ts and the have imformed me that i have to contact him and put it in writting which i have iv tried ringing email and left a massage on his web site up to now no joy

I was very impressed, anyone else had a good experience?

Unfortunately, it would appear that the vast majority have had a poor experience.

You did not qualify any of what you said about your mate and his bees. Perhaps it was he who had made them into a thriving colony and not the original aquisition that was so fantastic in your view.

I am only commenting as as an onlooker to your post. No qualification, either, of what it might need to impress you. Some were so easily impressed, only later to be brought down with a bump, when the actual glossy deal they were expecting failed to materialise.

How many paid up-front for a polynuc that was a sustitute from another company, after the original promises were found to be empty? What are these reports of old frames in a nucleus of bees? How many have found it necessary to demand refunds, not received their orders on time or at all.

Seems like those with good experiences are few and far between, although there have been a few posts on the forum who have related the one good experience.

For instance, I see Winker is one of those?; but will now not deal further with the company. There will be others.

I would say to anyone out there that the risk of seeing your order not being expedited, as you expect, is high; not to pay out funds for mail order or payment in advance, as there now appears to be an obvious risk of being close to the bottom of a creditor list; and to carefully inspect any goods collected, as any warranty may be worth no more than the paper on which it might be written.

Recently, I was lucky with refund vouchers at Focus - they were being accepted as payment for receivership items, (whereas gift coupons/cards/etc were not). I got out of that one relatively unscathed, but it did still cost me.

Is the fact that there are no takers, thus far, indicative that there are not very many who have had a good experience? I think that may very well be the case and there may well be a lot out there (still waiting for their order to materialise) that are not on this forum.

RAB

I was interested like many in these poly nucs but after phone calls and email never got a response to either so looked alsewhere! Bought from MB instead and P****s, both responded and supplied quickly. Will use them again in the future. Poly Nuc from MB seems excellent.

oldtimer;143751 said:
it took him about 5 mins to get it thats the one with the queen in it

In my view a nuc should have brood in it that the queen has laid; preferably for 3 weeks but for at least 1 week so you know that she has been accepted, isn't a drone layer and is laying well. How can you assess the brood pattern if the queen is just chucked in?

Hebeegeebee;144715 said:
In my view a nuc should have brood in it that the queen has laid; preferably for 3 weeks but for at least 1 week so you know that she has been accepted, isn't a drone layer and is laying well. How can you assess the brood pattern if the queen is just chucked in?

This is exactly what the guy in Glos doesn't do, WFP is not the only dodgy supplier sadly

drstitson;144696 said:

Good idea DrS.
I reckon it would be better to start a new thread on the subject for customers only.

Hello all,

First post here and a WPF customer. Thought I'd relay my experience of WPF.

I bought a package from WPF. Ordered back in Jan I think. Communication not Mr Alldis's strongest point. Told me initially that it would be one of his own British Queen's in the package. Not so. When I collected he did say that it was an Italian queen as he had no British ones left. Is there any one else here that received one of the WPF packages? I'm now concerned that if he was so pressed with customer demands he would have done _anything_ to fulfill orders.

At that moment I should have walked and asked for my money back. But then I hadn't found this forum. So I took the package and went home.

So far the bees seem to be doing pretty well. Laying queen, brood, nectar, pollen coming in. I'm keeping a good eye on them and they seem happy. They're certainly very calm compared to some bees I've handled.

Thought the farm was a bit of a mess. Lots of cr*p everywhere open hives/nucs etc. Felt a bit sorry for the poor b*ggers that were on his £120 w/e bee course.

Pete

pete.perfect;144758 said:
Hello all,

I bought a package from WPF. Ordered back in Jan I think. Communication not Mr Alldis's strongest point. Told me initially that it would be one of his own British Queen's in the package. Not so. When I collected he did say that it was an Italian queen as he had no British ones left. Is there any one else here that received one of the WPF packages? I'm now concerned that if he was so pressed with customer demands he would have done _anything_ to fulfill orders.

At that moment I should have walked and asked for my money back. But then I hadn't found this forum. So I took the package and went home.

So far the bees seem to be doing pretty well. Laying queen, brood, nectar, pollen coming in. I'm keeping a good eye on them and they seem happy. They're certainly very calm compared to some bees I've handled.

Thought the farm was a bit of a mess. Lots of cr*p everywhere open hives/nucs etc. Felt a bit sorry for the poor b*ggers that were on his £120 w/e bee course.

Pete

i got 2 nucs off him the were not very good one queen less the other had a queen i collected them farm was a mees as u said he said i would gat a new queen next day 4days ago still no queen cant get him on phone or email or his web site:iagree:

I placed an order for a nucleus a couple of months ago and paid a deposit, whenever I ask when the nucleus will be ready for dispatch or collection I also get no response.
I have given him a deadline of the end of June to either deliver the nucleus or a refund.
Postings on this forum have left me with no confidence so I went to ******* in Gloucs. Mike Roberts,who I have dealt with before without any problems, was able at this late stage in the season to sell me a Langstroth nucleus -dont know why I didn't go back to him in the first place.

Ian Cowdy;144820 said:
I placed an order for a nucleus a couple of months ago and paid a deposit, whenever I ask when the nucleus will be ready for dispatch or collection I also get no response.
I have given him a deadline of the end of June to either deliver the nucleus or a refund.
Postings on this forum have left me with no confidence so I went to ******* in Gloucs. Mike Roberts,who I have dealt with before without any problems, was able at this late stage in the season to sell me a Langstroth nucleus -dont know why I didn't go back to him in the first place.

gget your money back if like mine they will be a let down c page 28 num272 thats wot i got off him:iagree:

Even more interesting! found out today that he does not raise his own colonies but actively buys bees from other bee "farms" - also that another fancy Co named after an egg dish also sources their bees from a place in Gloucestershire.

Best thing is to find the source of the original coloniies and buy from there!

oldtimer;144818 said:
i got 2 nucs off him the were not very good one queen less the other had a queen i collected them farm was a mees as u said he said i would gat a new queen next day 4days ago still no queen cant get him on phone or email or his web site:iagree:

well if you collected them and they wasn't eny good y did you take them ? more fool you

pete.perfect;144758 said:
Hello all,

Pete
IMHO bloody disgrace this whole business!!
I think by luck you will probably have a better Nuc with a bought in Italian queen than a queen he has tried to raise himself!
S

Latest posts

Back