weald farm bees (efb)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfly

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
i am unable to confirm this information as i have not bought bees from weald place bees, but i have been told that he is on stop because it has been found that he has EFB, If anyone has got bees off him i should check the bees with caution, (clean gloves and dispose or wash after each inspection if more than one hive) your local bee inspector should be able to give advice

John,

There was a thread the other day along similar lines which admin locked until the facts could be verified.
I would suggest the same should apply here until a definite confirmation can be obtained.

i have been told that the only way to confirm it is if you bought bees off him, everyone that i asked would not say yes or no

If anyone suspects they have bees with efb (from whatever source) they should get straight on the phone to their local bee inspector.

well its not been updated on Bee Base that he has it, so i dont think its true.

but i do see some AFB down from him about 10 miles from his farm

i agree with that, but if there are new keepers that bought off him then they could be unaware unless somebody can confirm it for them.
if he would answer his phone or Mr Heath the local bee inspector would give an answer then people would be aware.
he has had enough trouble without this but buyers should be told

Wouldnt the bee inspector request that he check his invoices and notify whoever purchased bees from him?
S

Last edited:
I would of thought so but if his customer service is anything to go buy, lets hope he does do this right

well its not been updated on Bee Base that he has it, so i dont think its true.

but i do see some AFB down from him about 10 miles from his farm

2 instances of EFB in Epping, Essex in June. TL40.

From the Live EFB report. I am still learning, so may be wrong here......

It's one thing to not be happy about a company's service and being vocal about it on a forum, it's another to post at the moment what appears to totally unsubstantiated rumour, especially of this nature.

It's one thing to not be happy about a company's service and being vocal about it on a forum, it's another to post at the moment what appears to totally unsubstantiated rumour, especially of this nature.

there is one thing thats not right here, nobody is saying its not right or that it is not, it was like the last outbreak of foot and mouth, (keep quite they have it but not us ) its to late when a thousand more get it when it could of been prevented by letting people know where it is.
who has had just queens off him ? it looks as invoices are no good to trace people, if its right confirm it or tell us its not right

I can say without a doubt that he definately has had an inspection of his hives this week, can't say how I know as this would put the person who told me in a rather awkward position shall we say . Tracy

there is one thing thats not right here, nobody is saying its not right or that it is not, it was like the last outbreak of foot and mouth, (keep quite they have it but not us ) its to late when a thousand more get it when it could of been prevented by letting people know where it is.
who has had just queens off him ? it looks as invoices are no good to trace people, if its right confirm it or tell us its not right

Again, on what basis are you claiming that the bees that have been sold and those in situ are infected with EFB?

If I ring up my local inspector and say I've bought bees off wpf are they going to hotfooting it down to my apiary or wondering what I'm talking about? Because at the moment it sounds like the latter.

Again, on what basis are you claiming that the bees that have been sold and those in situ are infected with EFB?

If I ring up my local inspector and say I've bought bees off wpf are they going to hotfooting it down to my apiary or wondering what I'm talking about? Because at the moment it sounds like the latter.

if you did not buy your bees from him you got no worries, but if you did, then i would be wanting to check mine because up till now, nobody has said that it is not.
If it is right about efb then i would of thought that they ( bee inspector ) would want to trace the last bees that had been sold to customers and for them to check their bees and if there was efb or no trace then they would know how far back to look, if it only goes back two weeks then that is good but if he has been selling for longer ( unknown that there was efb ) then that is hard luck on his customers who may have lost a swarm that somebody else picked up not knowing about where they came from.
i cannot see any reason, why it should not be confirmed or denied to put peoples mind at rest or to see if the ones that bought off him have to carefully check their hives.
i hope that it is just his home hives, but until somebody say its not, its best to treat as if it is.

if you did not buy your bees from him you got no worries, but if you did, then i would be wanting to check mine because up till now, nobody has said that it is not.
If it is right about efb then i would of thought that they ( bee inspector ) would want to trace the last bees that had been sold to customers and for them to check their bees and if there was efb or no trace then they would know how far back to look, if it only goes back two weeks then that is good but if he has been selling for longer ( unknown that there was efb ) then that is hard luck on his customers who may have lost a swarm that somebody else picked up not knowing about where they came from.
i cannot see any reason, why it should not be confirmed or denied to put peoples mind at rest or to see if the ones that bought off him have to carefully check their hives.
i hope that it is just his home hives, but until somebody say its not, its best to treat as if it is.

And so far the only person who is making the claim is you. So on what basis are you making that claim?

Latest posts

Back