weald farm bees (efb)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised Admin has not already locked this thread as it is full of innuendo and I suspect not a little bad feeling.

Rumour damages business faster than anything.

Please lock this down Admin?

PH

its not innuendo it the truth i got it from the man himself

I am surprised Admin has not already locked this thread as it is full of innuendo and I suspect not a little bad feeling.

its not innuendo it the truth i got it from the man himself

Not denying the bad feeling?

The rumour may or may not be true but this thread bears a strong feeling of a witch hunt!

I am not going to confirm if its true,yet I am happy for the thread to stay open.

William has been in contact with me a few days ago.

Enough said...

Admin.

:iagree:

I have been following the threads about WPF and there seems to be some sort of "mob fury" directed at him. If I know him or not is nothing of your business as is wether he files for bankrupcy or not. You are using the forum to mount a personal attack at another member which, in my opinion, is unethical.
You still haven't told us wether you actually inspected your bees when you bought them or is diagnosing EFB beyond your capabilities?

i did not inspect them becauce he said that it would upset them for traveling 150 miles to my home im a new beekeeper and i took him at his word so i would not know wot to look for if they had efb or not you asked me to confirm that he had efb i did this im not bother wot he does if you havent the b*lls to admit that you know him then dont attack others as far as im concerned if my bees have efb then i will contact him to conplain to him in person not on this web site

:iagree:

Although, to be fair to Oldtimer and the OP - I think their motives are honourable, they are just giving a heads-up to other customers to check their bees.
The issue is that, despite my warning in post #2 about the previous thread being locked, the rumour is still being propogated.

My friend had phoned me on Monday to ask what he should do as he had bought bees off WPF as he had heard about WPF had efb.
If WPF had come onto the forum after i posted my letter and said that he had got efb on one site and that any customers that are affected from that site will be informed within 48 hours then this would not have gone as far as it has,
There maybe a lot of efb about in one or two hives in each place around the country, but he is a SUPPLIER of bees that could do a lot of damage to a lot of people in a lot of places, that's why it should of been confirmed or not by him.
People would of had more respect for him if he had answered the post last week and also when and if he is given the all clear by the inspectors.
I wish him luck but don't jump before you can swim and expect on others to pull you out.

WPF has come to my attention solely by the number of posts on this forum about the enterprise. It would be hard to miss them.

OldTimer - you say that you wouldn't know what to look for in the case of EFB. That worries me. Take it or leave it but my advice to you is to find out.

OldTimer - you say that you wouldn't know what to look for in the case of EFB. That worries me. Take it or leave it but my advice to you is to find out.

i will today as the local bee inspector is coming at 1pm to check them so i will know wot to look for in future thank for advice:grouphug:

This all rather underlines that the secrecy surrounding notifiable diseases is counter-productive. If the address was published there would be no need to hint about EFB outbreaks on a forum, nor any risk of malicious unfounded rumours.

They cannot make the details public as it breaches the law on personal details and information!:cool:

They cannot make the details public as it breaches the law on personal details and information!:cool:

Hmm.. Using that logic, all the comments made by UK politicians about Colonel Ghadaffi breach his human rights... let alone bombing him....

had my 2 hives checked all ok im satisfied that all is ok no further comment by me but make certian all is ok if any one bought bees from him to get them checked

Hmm.. Using that logic, all the comments made by UK politicians about Colonel Ghadaffi breach his human rights... let alone bombing him....

What's Col Gaddaffi got to do with the data protection act?
One of the strangest analogies I've seen on this forum to date.

if you look at the defra site it says 2 cases in epping in june 11 he lives in epping as i collected mine from there so i think it true:willy_nilly:

Oh FFS can't anybody on here even try to understand OS map references and grid square names used on Beebase?

It clearly says 2 cases in grid square TL40 "Epping"

The name given is that assigned to it by the Ordnance Survey, it can bear no relation to the source of the outbreak.

The outbreak could be anywhere in square TL40, from just to the east of Waltham Abbey to just west of Roydon, to the east of Harlow, to just North of Stapleford Tawney.

Last edited:
I see the live data map on bee base has been updated, and there is a big dirty Yellow Square over WPF now

Is that true? I'm amazed but not surprised.
Is EFB a notifiable disease?
I thought it was ...........then if so....... any outbreak should be in the public domain just like FMDV,SVD and Newcastle Disease to name a few others.

Latest posts

Back