wax price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gill68

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
I have built up a reasonable amount of clean beeswax , and have to admit that I will probably never get around to making candles ( and there's only so many candles you can use!) and I still have the last batch of furniture polish hanging around as noone I know seems to use polish. I have found someone locally that will buy it from me,but they are asking how much I want for it, and I haven't a clue! How much do people sell their beeswax for? Before anyone says anything, I know that I can exchange it for foundation, but it doesn't seem a very good rate. Thanks

present trade price on filtered bees wax ( commercial filtered ) £6.35 per Kg

If you sell it as pure wax you get here about £ 5/kg.
If you do foundation shields from that, the foundation pressing cost is about £ 2.5/kg.

All wax what I get from hives goes to my own needs of foundations.

thanks for that folks. That gives me a figure to get to him with.

When I ask a foundation maker to press to me foundations, I earn about 10€/kg with that Job.

Double that at least for English beeswax... the stuff offered on flebuy is probably Chloramphenicol contaminated Chinese stuff!

Nos da

last batch of British wax we tried ended up being rejected and ended up going off to be re processed , most of our bees wax stock now is EU or USA sourced, occasionally we might receive batches of pharmaceutical grade that is from British sourced wax but very rarely.
Britain is unable to produce enough wax to fulfill the demand so import of wax is an esential

last batch of British wax we tried ended up being rejected and ended up going off to be re processed , most of our bees wax stock now is EU or USA sourced, occasionally we might receive batches of pharmaceutical grade that is from British sourced wax but very rarely.
Britain is unable to produce enough wax to fulfill the demand so import of wax is an esential

You burn too much valuable wax as candles.

You burn too much valuable wax as candles.

That's because people will pay a lot of money for good candles. Its worth me selling all my wax as little blocks or candles where I get a minimum of £16 per lb where as exchange is only £3 lb. even with processing it is still a massive difference that cant be ignored.

That's because people will pay a lot of money for good candles. Its worth me selling all my wax as little blocks or candles where I get a minimum of £16 per lb where as exchange is only £3 lb. even with processing it is still a massive difference that cant be ignored.

:iagree:

I try and do the same, the difficulty I find is in being able to sell enough of the candles and blocks. Plus the candle mould's are not cheap and it takes time to get the money back you have invested in them.

I try and do the same, the difficulty I find is in being able to sell enough of the candles and blocks. Plus the candle mould's are not cheap and it takes time to get the money back you have invested in them.

I do tealights at £1 each or 3 for 2, but you could do 6 for 5 which is less of a discount which I think I will start doing and i sell on average 50 each market. plus sell maybe 20 blocks each one to. People use them for all sorts of things, inc wardrobe fresheners.

Last edited:
I try and do the same, the difficulty I find is in being able to sell enough of the candles and blocks. Plus the candle mould's are not cheap and it takes time to get the money back you have invested in them

Dipped beeswax candles are the bees knees!

Sounds like I should be doing markets darn sarth. Two candles per market yup north is good!

Sounds like I should be doing markets darn sarth. Two candles per market yup north is good!

Any museums or local gift shops you could sell through?

Back