Ventilated suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ventilated suit from USA. (Golden Bee Products) I have purchased a suit of similar material from Maisemore. I have been delighted with my American suit. It is sting proof, 3 layers of mesh composition, and you remain cool . I have had the Maisie one as a backup for a year but have never tried it. The fabric and construction are almost identical to the USA offering. This cost me £200+ and the maisie £120ish

It's now $229. At the present exchange rates it works out at £140 + p&p. But is it necessary to wear a baseball cap under it, as shown on their website? That would be a deal breaker.

Don't forget there are import duties to pay as well

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

It's now $229. At the present exchange rates it works out at £140 + p&p.

Plus UK customs and handling fees that have to be paid before items can be delivered, or collected from delivery office.

(Edit: sorry, didn't see earlier comment that says the same, and can't delete my comment.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by theeggman View Post
Do other members have issues with stings through BB's lightweight suits?

Tim

Never been stung through mine and it nearly worn out...

I'm not far from you Jim, you are most welcome to try mine if you wish.
Steve

Does the hood type make a difference is one type cooler than the other? I have only ever worn the fencer type .

Latest posts

Back