Varroa.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a clue what 'J' stands for but copper is toxic in not-so large-quantities. So while it may be needed in trace quantities in our body, I doubt any of the pill pushers would want someone showing copper poisioning symptoms, after taking too many pills containing copper. It is also cumulative.

Quite right.

I know this from personal experience.

It is horrible stuff and yes it does accumulate. Which is why it may take a while for copper toxicity to show, if being exposed regularly to small amounts.

Zinc helps to get rid of it.

I think the J is an I.. Iodine.... unless this is the one of the many others that havn't been discover'd yet ( Don' you just love Tom Lehrer.. bane of all Chemistry graduates!)
most of these trace elements are vital for electron transfer particularly in catalytic vitamin synthesis..... life could not go on without them.
Copper and even iron in excessive amounts and of wrong valency can be extremely toxic.
Every now and again some BA in English journalist will hype one up as the most deadly poison, or valuable panacea.........
Boron is necessary for sugar beet production, which is why beet sugar is still avoided by some.. the matchstick brigade et al
So much arsenic ( another vital trace element) was used on cane sugar and cotton in the American colonies, the soils there are more contaminated than the calciners at Luckett and New Consalls!

Must go lie down quietly in a darkened room now!

Latest posts

Back