Upcoming weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any evidence that the behaviour of the jetstream at this time of year will lead to a wetter or conversely drier summer ? Or is that beyond the current forecasting models ?

That is depressing to watch rain front after rain front

That is depressing to watch rain front after rain front

couldn't agree more Craig.

We should be having a few 'Continental highs' bringing cold dry air from the East.

My Victoria plums were ruined last year with fungalo 'brown rot' caused by a wet warm Winter.......I'll be spraying Copper Sulphate in the next few weeks.

richard

Just seen the Friday/sat storm heading are way,looks like it could be pretty bad.

Nasty here between Teignmouth and Dawlish last night, thought the roof would go for a time, another nasty coming in at the weekend but from a different quarter. not to many bees flying today.

The Saturday storm surge prediction in SW looks higher than every and expected winds look "interesting" before any uplift due to solar vectors

Last edited:
Bill - commiserations to you and all beeks down there
..........the only worry we Londoners have with day after day of torrential rain is getting splashed by traffic going through flooded gutter gullies.

Bill - commiserations to you and all beeks down there
..........the only worry we Londoners have with day after day of torrential rain is getting splashed by traffic going through flooded gutter gullies.

Thanks, looks like you haven't many trains up there at the moment!

sorry DP ,solar phyiscist speak,

see theattach screan dump of the solar weather, on friday/Satruday at the same time as the next storm hits, we are alo being hit with a magnetic sola
storm from a M clas flare that has left a forward facing coronal hole on the sun

The is a close correlation with increased wind intensty of Cyclones with solar magentic storms/Coronal holes so if the Met O says it is going to be storm force 10 then with the magnetic pulse expect storm gale force 11

The tidal storm surge prediction are also way up ,so more damage along the coast,see surfing data site

http://magicseaweed.com/news/atlantic-strike-four-incoming/6057/

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=1.91,59.16,1024

Last edited:
sorry DP ,solar phyiscist speak,

see theattach screan dump of the solar weather, on friday/Satruday at the same time as the next storm hits, we are alo being hit with a magnetic sola
storm from a M clas flare that has left a forward facing coronal hole on the sun

The is a close correlation with increased wind intensty of Cyclones with solar magentic storms/Coronal holes so if the Met O says it is going to be storm force 10 then with the magnetic pulse expect storm gale force 11

The tidal storm surge prediction are also way up ,so more damage along the coast,see surfing data site

http://magicseaweed.com/news/atlantic-strike-four-incoming/6057/

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=1.91,59.16,1024

Oh it's all clear to me now :-/ not worthy

Oh it's all clear to me now :-/ not worthy

looking at the solar space weather forecasts then increase winds might also ocurs around the 11th february and 24th February +- 24hrs, but nowt showing on Met Off , ECWMF or GFS about a storm so far

I just want it tostop raining and not to have to wear Wellies any more, i am getting chaffing on the back of my legs were the wellie tops rub

I just want it tostop raining and not to have to wear Wellies any more, i am getting chaffing on the back of my legs were the wellie tops rub

Is there much flooding in London, not seen much about it on the news, athough there was a bit about the Thames flooding in some areas, anything like the Somerset levels over there yet.

Is there much flooding in London, not seen much about it on the news, athough there was a bit about the Thames flooding in some areas, anything like the Somerset levels over there yet.

where my cousin keeps bees at Purley on Thames (Reading, berks) it is flooded and it is about 2ft above the usual flood level and a lots on new houses are flooded but my cousin said they would when Barratt Homes biult them in the 1990s, his hives are just off the flood plan and his house at mapleduram on the hill above the Thames now overlooks a vast lake as the Mapledurham Lock and Mill weir are running water over the sliuces with all gates up but it is only flood plan floods,

Surrey is worse affected as the Mole and other rivers have sliuce gates not fully open so as to protect Windsor and Chertsey

London, well there are are floods where my step mum lives at Syon Park/Iselworth on the Thames ( the local pub i flooded and i was going to have lunch there on Sunday/) ;-( but that is quite common and is a tidal. The l local brook has flooded my apiary on totteridge Vale but only 9" and Gravel extraction at london colney at my OSR site have been flooded

a friends hives at in potters bar are in accessible by road , all livestock is are in sheds and feed is running low at Royal Vet College farm and they dont think they can get stock out until after easter so are lambing in poly tunnels but the milk lorry got in this morning

But this morning Chaos and 4 hr traffic jams when we had the M25, M1, M40 and A1(M) all partial closed with cars abanded in flood water but minor 1ft deep stuff due to bad run off or dips in road

ahhhhhhh i just want it dry!!!!!, i hope Tom bick has his boat moored on a canal rather than the Colne or Brent asthey are running fast

Last edited:
where my cousin keeps bees at Purley on Thames (Reading, berks) it is flooded and it is about 2ft above the usual flood leveal and a lots on new houses are flooded but my cousin said they would when Barratt Homes biult them in the 1990s, his hives are just off the flood plan and his house at mapleduram on the hill above the Thames now overlooks a vast lake as the Mapledurham Lock and Mill weir are running water over the sliuces with all gates up but it is only flood plan floods,

Surrey is worse affected as the Mole and other rivers have sliuce gates not fully open so as to protect Windsor and Chertsey

London, well they are flood at Syon Park on the Thames where my step mum lives but that is quite common and tidal local brook has flooded my apiary on totteridge Vale and Gravel extraction at london colney at my OSR site have been flooded

a friends hives at in potters bar are almost in accessible by road , all livestock is are in sheds and feed is running low at Royal Vet College farm and they dont think they can get stock out until after easter so are lambing in poly tunnels

But this morning Chaos and 4 hr traffi jams when we had the M25, M1 and A1(M) all partial closed with cars abanded in flood water but minor 1ft deep stuff due to bad run off or dips in road

ahhhhhhh i ust want it dry, i hope Tom bick has his boat moored on a canal rather than the Colne or Brent asthey are running fast

A number of schools closed in Essex today due to flooded roads and in accessibility. Had to go up to help my mum too as her garden was going under from the run-off of local fields... Fire brigade came and pumped out what had become a huge pond at the end of her garden. Never seen water levels this bad in Essex.

Latest posts

Back