Top Dollar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I got slated by you lot for my marketing!!!!!!! It's all about how you sell it!

Haha way I see it , people actively go out to a village hall in the pouring rain to post a ballot to empower someone that will lie to them ,cause them grief,and cost them a substantial sum of money over the course of their lives.

A beekeeper on the other hand may use questionable words like raw , pressed ......unicorn formula , but 9 times out of 10 the customer is getting a super high quality product .My view is keep the quality top notch but launch whatever you want on the label and charge what you like for your hard work .Least the customer is getting the best.

All be great until one of the big boys takes him to court for using the word RAW on the labels.

All be great until one of the big boys takes him to court for using the word RAW on the labels.
why ... is there a legal issue with the word raw ? We've had a few discussions about the word in the past but I can't remember anyone suggesting there was any legal reason why the word raw can't be used when there is no blending, heating or mechanical fine filtering used in the extraction process. Have I missed something ?

why ... is there a legal issue with the word raw ? We've had a few discussions about the word in the past but I can't remember anyone suggesting there was any legal reason why the word raw can't be used when there is no blending, heating or mechanical fine filtering used in the extraction process. Have I missed something ?

Exactly , love to watch the prosecution, did you cook it......no , case dismissed

Exactly , love to watch the prosecution, did you cook it......no , case dismissed
Precisely ... the law probably has a legal definition of the word raw ... and I suspect you are probably right - somewhere in there will be the word uncooked or untreated ....

In the meantime before anyone institutes and loses a case on the word Raw ... My customers understand what raw means in relation to honey and it is one more weapon in our beekeeping armory for heightening the exclusivity of the product our bees provide.

Precisely ... the law probably has a legal definition of the word raw ... and I suspect you are probably right - somewhere in there will be the word uncooked or untreated ....

In the meantime before anyone institutes and loses a case on the word Raw ... My customers understand what raw means in relation to honey and it is one more weapon in our beekeeping armory for heightening the exclusivity of the product our bees provide.

No big company is going to take a little guy to court. It would be seen as bullying by the courts not to mention would likely spark outrage......bad publicity for them, bad for sales.....

I say crack on and good luck to them. If I ever sell any quantity honey i have an ambition to a ) have a thread started by someone who is utterly traumatised by the price and b ) sell out. This was sparked after someone showed me a post by an Instagram influencer who was peddling bath bombs for 600 usd. Looked like crap in a posh box to me

No big company is going to take a little guy to court. It would be seen as bullying by the courts not to mention would likely spark outrage......bad publicity for them, bad for sales.....
Nope, morality and ethics don't come in the equation with court case, it is purely based on the letter of the law.
I never seem to have to do a selling pitch for my honey, they ring the bell, I have a quick chat with them, charge 50p more when they tell me they are on holiday here, give me their cash, get the honey and off they go. It will probably be different if I start doing markets though.
I invested in Nice labels and logo last year and a bit more social media but difficult to say if it made a difference due to covid travel restrictions.

I say crack on and good luck to them. If I ever sell any quantity honey i have an ambition to a ) have a thread started by someone who is utterly traumatised by the price and b ) sell out. This was sparked after someone showed me a post by an Instagram influencer who was peddling bath bombs for 600 usd. Looked like crap in a posh box to me

Look up Belle Delphine , she sells her used bathwater for big bucks .......theres a market for everyone out there!

Latest posts

Back