THorne sale prices on line

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes only tells me when the sale starts

Top right corner - email addy?

That way you will get the info 'straight from the horse's mouth' not relayed via several intermediaries. They know the answer.

RAB

UPS have found it. Seems that its still in the back of a lorry at Tamworth waiting to be driven to Dartford. Been there since the 2nd, seems they have a bit of a backlog because of the weather. They think its stuck there untill next week :(

Tamworth is the main parcel centre for the middle of the country, collections from Lincoln (Wragby) are trunked to Tamworth where they are unloaded sorted and despatched to the South, North or wherever. The incoming freight from the other main centres is sorted and despatched back to the sub branches such as Lincoln, Derby, Nottingham Sheffield etc.

Most freight is on an overnight delivery basis but some of the inherited Lynx contracts may still be on a two or three day service.

If you have a 1Z tracking number you can monitor the progress on the UPS website as well as seeing what service the parcel was sent on.

yes only tells me when the sale starts

Top right corner - email addy?

That way you will get the info 'straight from the horse's mouth' not relayed via several intermediaries. They know the answer.

RAB

got you

MINE ARRIVED!! Amazed actually. I ordered 2nds of 14x12 frames, but can only see a small split in one lug - no other obvious faults, strainer fine and excluder for a national - no probs...very impressed.

UPS have found it. Seems that its still in the back of a lorry at Tamworth waiting to be driven to Dartford. Been there since the 2nd, seems they have a bit of a backlog because of the weather. They think its stuck there untill next week :(

mine will be on the same lorry then, they would pass me to get to Dartford

Q59,

My super frames have been grooved ready for the side bars but the slots are not equal on both sides. Do I care?

The usual failure of 14 x 12s is cross graining on the lugs. I will be testing mine shortly with a sharp bump on the lug. It may not be the direction of failure for some, but a full frame of stores, just dropped a little has a high loading on it. I have had several broken lugs in the past. They are a pain.

Regards, RAB

Got mine today. All seems OK. From what I could see, one frame top bar has a knot lost on the lug and that was the worst of it there.
A bit of rubbish finishing on the brood boxes, which is fine, but the supers look OK, though I am missing one pair of plastic runners. I think I will tell them anyway, though I may get castellations.
Should the brood boxes come with runner, too?
Got two harmless QEs (cheap) and the spaces look really small, but I suppose they are fine.
Oh, and one of my roof metals has a bit of a kink in it. All in all, it all looks pretty good for £300.

Should the brood boxes come with runner, too?

Yes, at least they did at the showroom sale - only plastic mind so not terribly good for scorching.

I've just ordered and recieved metal ones and castillations from Beehive Bits (as recommended elsewhere) took a couple of weeks but I was in no hurry, good quality and cheap.

OOH, OOH, OOH mine arrived today (well nearly).

Jobs to do though before checking it - cup of tea to make, house to tidy and Mrs Bee to collect from Clay Cross.

As expected UPS Sheffield failed to find us yet again (and I work for them!); luckily I was just returning to the village after dropping Mrs Bee off and collared the driver at the end of the road. We wrestled 2 large boxes into the fiesta, which was already full of dog, child seats and associated paraphernalia, I signed his DIAD and we parted company both as happy bunnies.

The order was sent as UPS Standard (next day) on the 6th/7th and the money was taken on the 7th; as someone else has stated there is no rush really, not till the spring.

It All arrived today!
Still going through it all but seems to be very good, think it would be difficult to see what is wrong with the frames to make them seconds!

Kev

think it would be difficult to see what is wrong with the frames to make them seconds!

They are very fussy as to the quality of their 'firsts' - they are perfect!

Anything else must go as seconds, or be scrapped as unsuitable for use. I got two top bars which I scrapped without any more than a visual check, last year, so I think standards may be dropping for 'seconds'.

Also, I think they may have some cheaper wood for seconds production, or they set up the machines with a cheaper feedstock and these all go to seconds if good enough.

Regards, RAB

No sign of mine yet, but dont need them for a long time and also weather issues, so not fretting over it.

I belive they do make for the sale....or they would be daft not to.

Anyone still looking for cheap equipment....M####more have some "Clearance" seconds in various sizes....on their website

Ordered my stuff on the 7th and it was delivered today :coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back