Things you never knew you needed...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We've been looking for a suitable barbecue for our barn conversion/holiday cottage this week and discovered that it is now possible to buy ones that can be controlled via an app on your smartphone. Why?

And talking of smartphones, I also discovered this week that there are now toilet roll holders with an integrated mobile phone shelf.

The mind boggles, really.

James

We've been looking for a suitable barbecue for our barn conversion/holiday cottage this week and discovered that it is now possible to buy ones that can be controlled via an app on your smartphone. Why?

And talking of smartphones, I also discovered this week that there are now toilet roll holders with an integrated mobile phone shelf.

James
So you can drink champagne and gin and not go near the barbecue until it's all ready (Burned)

James
It is getting ridiculous.
Herbal vaporiser that can only be controlled by a phone app.
I play guitar and saw a really good Marshall amp for sale .........controlled by a phone app.
NO !

It is getting ridiculous.
Herbal vaporiser that can only be controlled by a phone app.
I play guitar and saw a really good Marshall amp for sale .........controlled by a phone app.
NO !
Speaking of amplifiers - Proud dad mode on - my son had to build a project as part of his technical education course of many years ago. The college were suitably vague about what it should be, so as he played in a band at the time he opted for a Vox AC30 valve amplifier innards. Folded the aluminium, sourced valve sockets and valves plus other components and created a fully working copy. Added a genuine VOX case and the speakers. His tutor was most impressed and when it was used at gigs no-one ever thought it wasn't the real thing.

I was discussing hearing aids with an audiologist the other day and in particular the differences between technologies.
The most expensive, apparently, has the ability to pick up a person nearby, speaking a foreign language and will connect to your smartphone and display the conversation.
As an Englishman, it could make going to the pub in North Wales a completely different experience!🤯

My dishwasher sends me an email to tell me it has finished!!!!!!

James
When you happen to have dropped a phone down the toilet after it slipped out of your pocket you understand why you need somewhere to put it😁
It never worked again.

When you happen to have dropped a phone down the toilet after it slipped out of your pocket you understand why you need somewhere to put it😁
It never worked again.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but I don't tend to take my phone anywhere near the toilet in the first place :) I can't honestly say that I've felt the need to make a call or "update my profile" at such moments. Imagine accidentally video-calling someone only for them to get a view of one's contorted face, or worse, when they answer.

It's a strange world we live in, for sure.

James

I mean, why? Just why?

James
No idea. Just thank God it doesn't send you a message to tell you that you have stacked the dishes in the dishwasher wrongly. Get it to forward the "finished" message to the lady of the house and she may empty it!! If it's really smart it won't do that!

James
Solving problems you never knew existed...

Apparently mobile phones falling into the long drop at Glastonbury is the most found item at clear up time. You don't bother to try to retrieve them, you just go through the motions.....................

you couldn't lie about them changing from English to Welsh as you walked in then
I had a friend from Pentyre Halkyn who was bilingual. As a young man he played football with an English team in North Wales. He used to shout instructions in Welsh to the Welsh team which created mayhem when they followed them assuming it was from their own side. Haven't made contact for a few years now. I'll have to track his current whereabouts.🤔

Latest posts

Back