The Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some muck

Oh how I wish! Brixton Police stables used to stack it outside, bagged, for free...now my only source is 5 lb bags for £5 from a garden centre (Someone was leafleting to deliver cheap trailer loads but I'm a few hundred yards from highway access)

some muck

Oh how I wish! Brixton Police stables used to stack it outside, bagged, for free...now my only source is 5 lb bags for £5 from a garden centre (Someone was leafleting to deliver cheap trailer loads but I'm a few hundred yards from highway access)

HAve you tried Westminster - plenty of bullsh!t going cheap there!

In Finland, weather is currently very cold - which also means that the air there is relatively dry.

Over here (Boston, UK), the land is saturated, with air humidity levels between 95 and 98%. Everything is damp.
For several weeks now the bees have been active, but stuck indoors. Now the daytime temperatures for the next 4 days are being forecast as 12, 11, 10, and 10 degrees - which is mixed blessing. Hives, many of which entered 'winter' with low stores, are soon going to be in trouble without supplementary feeding.

Much different set of beekeeping problems than over in Finland.

It's not all about temperature and insulation.

LJ

Much different set of beekeeping problems than over in Finland.

It's not all about temperature and insulation.

LJ

Of course it is. You have there now +10C and we have something else.

Stupid discussion. Really stupid. It is your native bees!

A bright but cold here in Cyprus today with a maximum of just 9C and a low tonight of 2C with a widespread frost expected. A brisk 30 MPH wind as well adds to the chill factor.
In Crete just 7C and 5C tonight. The mountains have a heavy covering of snow.

It was snowing earlier on today at sea level here in the east of Cyprus. In the Paphos district in the west a number of schools remained closed due to snow and icy road conditions. Access to the mountains has been restricted to vehicles with 4WD and snow chains only.

Wow quite a change from a couple of weeks ago Norton !! we are having a heat wave over here :sunning:

What goes round comes round :D sorry Norton i could not help myself, how does it affect your bees particularly the queen rearing side ? Chris

Temperatures are set to rise over the next few days and next Thursday should be up to 20C again. I still believe we are going to have more cold weather, probably in February, and March is a real bitch of a month: unpredictable, moody and not to be trusted at all.

Looks like our heat wave is coming to an abrupt end as temperatures are set to plummet this weekend, they do say if New York has snow the UK will have a dusting two weeks latter :sorry: looks like your bees will have a bit more of a brood brake this year Norton ? Chris

A frosty start to the day, the car was covered in frost at 0700 and the thermometer showed -2C! Sun soon cleared it all and it is forecast to rise to around 15C by early afternoon. The difference between night and day temperatures is normal here.

A lovely sunny day here today, not sure what the temperature was but quite warm in the sun :sunning:, Buckie's working well with yellow, orange and light green pollen going in, cold weather from tomorrow :cuss:

Looks like our heat wave is coming to an abrupt end as temperatures are set to plummet this weekend, they do say if New York has snow the UK will have a dusting two weeks latter :sorry: looks like your bees will have a bit more of a brood brake this year Norton ? Chris

the weather forecast that i pay for has been showing this cold spell since mid January

i cannot say more... except WINTER DRAWS ON and buy a shovel,,, definitively woolly draws time and you should warm up using the shovel on the 1st of February...but then it is only a forecast and the veiw Met Office differs

Latest posts

Back