The Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather quite good here.
Much later than usual, but doing the first grafting on Tuesday.

Don't rub it in Pete! Hail here yesterday. I've put drone comb into selected colonies for grafting in the second/third week of May, with mating early June. That's a full month after last year and two months after 2011.

Our local school weather station shows March temperatures a full 5 degrees colder than the average, with seven days of laying snow. The second coldest March since 1892 ... no wonder things are slow.

Talk about 4 seasons in one day

Haut Charente France 9:00
Woke up to fog less than 30 m vis , not unusual up here , then heard bangs , odd i know its May day but 9:00 in the morning even the French would not celebrate with Fireworks at that time . Bangs turned in to thunder , still foggy , foggy lightening very odd , then the hail started large chunks , fog cleared instantly , hail turned to downpour rain, water everywhere , wind kicked up , rained stopped , wind dropped , 09:30 sun came out very calm .

what a morning .

Weather very nice in Tipperary today reached 22c after dinner. Lots of new bees finding their wings. Forecasting low 20,es for weekend .

37C here yesterday - 11 degrees above normal for this time of the year. Two weeks ago we had snow in the mountains.......

Two supers on and filling on a hive in a sheltered location. Bees foraging on a large wild cherry tree and forget-me-knot. Life's wonderful sometimes!

Latest posts

Back