The hard-of-hearing beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similarly stupid. Think my hearing loss was due to having no ear-defenders when I was using my chainsaw quite a lot about 6 years ago. Used to hear mozzies invading me in the dark in bed. Can't even hear her-indoors snore in her adjacent boudoir now!! :D :D
Sadly, it does not take a lot to break the delicate hairs that transmit the sound inside your ears and once they are gone they are gone ... I damaged mine very early on and I now tell the young people around me at work that they risk damaging their hearing with headphones that they are using with the music far too loud. They probably think I'm a miserable old git but deafness is very debilitating and like a lot of things in life you only really miss them when they are gone ...

Sadly, it does not take a lot to break the delicate hairs that transmit the sound inside your ears and once they are gone they are gone ... I damaged mine very early on and I now tell the young people around me at work that they risk damaging their hearing with headphones that they are using with the music far too loud. They probably think I'm a miserable old git but deafness is very debilitating and like a lot of things in life you only really miss them when they are gone ...
Yep I totally agree, I can hear students sitting at the back of the class with music blaring through headphones. They don't realise the damage they are doing

Latest posts

Back