Sublimox

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vmd are tossers, they'll happily let you put organophosphates in your hive if you go through a vet and claim to need caumaphos but insist on this ridiculous message that only oxalic acid in the form of apibioxal can legally be used. It's a nonsense and obviously so, no one has been prosecuted for using generic oxalic acid, it's policed by sbi's who will mostly be using generic oxalic acid yet we carry on letting them dictate this farce to us forcing generally honest and law abiding individuals into being slightly deceitful. I can not fathom why we let the situation continue.

:yeahthat:

I'm sick of hearing about Api RipOff at the moment and how it's about time the VMD clamped down on these beekeepers using non approved Oxalic Acid.

You can put thymol into syrup to stop mould but if you mention nosema it's illegal, bloody stupid.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 20.21.10.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 20.21.10.jpg
    8.4 KB
Just watched one of the Norfolk Honey Company's YouTube videos and they now stock the American version of the Sublimox the ProVap. Slightly different to the Sublimox with a digital temp guage on the back. Looks good.

Selling at £349.99 bit cheaper than the Sublimox.

Well spotted....
Apparently the new showroom will be one of the largest largest in the UK. Alas I'm working on their "opening weekend" so no free buns for me........
If i have the right amount of funds at the time i will be nipping along.. so if you need anything picking up...that is unless you are working in the new store.

..that is unless you are working in the new store.
I will be working, but outdoors on the markets.
Abelo's is just somewhere I go to spend a lot of money..........
I've spent so much Damien now keeps a mug set to one side for me....
My front room and garage looks like a middle page spread from the lyson catalogue.....and I still need more.....

I will be working, but outdoors on the markets.
Abelo's is just somewhere I go to spend a lot of money..........
I've spent so much Damien now keeps a mug set to one side for me....
My front room and garage looks like a middle page spread from the lyson catalogue.....and I still need more.....

:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Just had a quick look at the Provap videos on youtube and have a couple of points to add.There is a video of a guy showing how to change the bowl if the thing was made properly the bowl is never going to burn out in a lifetime.Price, the way that one is made there is about 40 quid spent on bits and pieces.Turning the bowl from stainless does take a bit of time.I made two sublimox one for myself and one for a friend who is member of the site and a professional beekeeper.I could never have built it without his help and advice.I think that the provap is way over priced for the build quality.

Just had a quick look at the Provap videos on youtube and have a couple of points to add.There is a video of a guy showing how to change the bowl if the thing was made properly the bowl is never going to burn out in a lifetime.Price, the way that one is made there is about 40 quid spent on bits and pieces.Turning the bowl from stainless does take a bit of time.I made two sublimox one for myself and one for a friend who is member of the site and a professional beekeeper.I could never have built it without his help and advice.I think that the provap is way over priced for the build quality.

Got any pictures of the one you built, be interesting to see.

Latest posts

Back