Api-Bioxal Vapourisation - grams to teaspoon conversion?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarshamAndy

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi all
I've just received a load of new kit including a 12V vapouriser for Api bioxal.
It's for next winters treatment really but just wondered as I read the instructions - It says 2.3g of the powder per treatment / hive.
That's quite a small amount to weigh so do I need some tiny electronic scales, or what would be better to me would be, say, a 5ml teaspoon or 1/2 teaspoon conversion or equivalent so I don't have to weigh it.
I'm just stocking up with kit while I have the means - hence the very early question.
Does anyone use - "half a level teaspoon" or something along those lines. What is the rough equivalent?
(Obviously too much time on my hands today).
Many thanks in advance

and get yourself some small cosmetic pots (available on fleabay) I think the 3ml ones hold about 3g of OA so you can weigh them in the comfort of your home and keep them ready for when they are needed - saves faffing around with spoons and measures when your at the apiary in the wind or rain!
pots.jpg

Thank you - that what I was assuming people use. I just though that was a bit of a pain unless you weighed it out in little bags or containers before you went out. It would be nice if it just happened to be one level teaspoon or something.
I'll have to order some.

"What's are these bags of white powder in your pocket sir?" - "It's for my bees officer". "Put hands your hands behind your back while we handcuff yo, sir!" 👮‍♂️ :D

I’d just use oxalic if your intention is just to clean the hive😉 You May save some time cleaning your vap!

"What's are these bags of white powder in your pocket sir?" - "It's for my bees officer". "Put hands your hands behind your back while we handcuff yo, sir!" 👮‍♂️ :D
During the pandemic people at work were having problems getting flour.
I ordered a 20kg sack from a homebrew store while getting other stuff, split it into ziplock bags, stuck them all in a big shopping bag on my passenger seat & drove to work.
Probably the only time I've wanted a police motorbike to pull up alongside my car! "What's in the bags sir? Flour officer!" Would have been a great excuse for being late!

Probably the only time I've wanted a police motorbike to pull up alongside my car! "What's in the bags sir? Flour officer!" Would have been a great excuse for being late!
just hope you were wearing clean underpants at the time. More than once I've witness bog standard flour coming up 'positive' with a cocaine field test kit.

Back