Stop VAT on beekeeping equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
308 people have so far viewed my post - 64 signatures on my petition - does this mean that most people are happy to pay VAT on their bee keeping equipment then?

Probably more a case that there is bugger all chance of it happening...even if you got hundreds of thousands of signatures.

Forget the 1 in 3 mouthfuls that comes from bee pollination, it's nearer 1 in 7 and its only the stuff that is tasty, we can exist on wheat and rice and meat. The world isn't going to starve if the honey bee ceases to exist.

Oh and Albert Einstein, a physicist who apparently knew sod all about honey bees, never said anything about their extinction and four years left for man on the planet (or at least anything that was documented) the quote was invented over a few drinks, by a French beekeeping group about 10-15 years ago.

I dont pay VAT on my beekeeping equipment. I have a very cooperative agent that sells me lots of "essential farm building maintenance equipment" which i can claim the VAT back on.

Every little helps...:cheers2:

308 people have so far viewed my post - 64 signatures on my petition - does this mean that most people are happy to pay VAT on their bee keeping equipment then?

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/savethehoneybee/

I am now, only because i'm VAT registered, i can claim all the money back but don't have to charge VAT on honey sales, so is positive cash flow:hat:, only annoying this is you have to pay it in the first place and wait 3 months to get it back.

I couldn't work out how to sign it either... wasted 10 minutes trying to work it out!

I think the suggestion that bee equipment should be vat free is rediculous, on what basis. If womens sanitary supplies bear Vat and these are essentional why the hell should bee equipment be VAT free lets be realistic please and not go off on a complete rant.

why waste your time signing something that will never happen, time too move on:)

"The new administration is currently assessing how best to proceed with the e-petitions service. We will update users as soon as practicable." It seems the new government is having a rethink so you cant sign anyway :( Sorry Beedons.

Now look what we have done. Produced a petition about something really useful?? and the new Government stop us signing up. I don't know which is more honest, the last lot who let yopu sign and then just ignored you or this lot who don't even let you sign??Some democracy? have they been taking lessons in the democratic process from the BBKA?

Latest posts

Back