stolen hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
couple
just like to say in the hambledon area(Hampshire) there was a theft of three/four hives and then just up the road in denmead another three were stolen soon after on that one they come through a large woods across a 10 acre field lifted them over a stock fence then carried them back one with supers of honey on so there must have been two of them with the hambledon one it must have been local beks because of the area is a bit of the beaton track so if any one sees any one who has gained a large amount of hives very quickly please report them cheers

jit must have been local beks because of the area is a bit of the beaton track so if any one sees any one who has gained a large amount of hives very quickly please report them cheers

Not good ..... it seems it happens every year at about this time ...

yes they have to the local countryside watch team

Bastards !

I know people find out where hives are by all sorts of means, but I never tell anyone where my hives are, not even family. coz you never know who's listening to even the most innocent of conversations.

There seem to be crooks in every walk of life.... makes me wanna puke !

I'd give 'em such a f...... pasting if I ever caught people doing that.

sorry about the rant, just makes me cross

Bastards !

I know people find out where hives are by all sorts of means, but I never tell anyone where my hives are, not even family. coz you never know who's listening to even the most innocent of conversations.

There seem to be crooks in every walk of life.... makes me wanna puke !

I'd give 'em such a f...... pasting if I ever caught people doing that.

sorry about the rant, just makes me cross

You may wish to remove your intent as when you hit them it will of course be in self-defence - you were afraid for your life.. them being villains and krooks...

No point madasafish he cant edit your post.

don't know but my guess some one who has lost a few either from winter or had a case of efb and lost theres (there have been a few cases round here) but there plenty to buy but no they have to wreck someone else enjoyment and dedication

Last edited:
It seems that every year hives get stolen from Pompey to as far as Alton along the A3 and A31

Four years running ?... There's a really persistent bee thief in this neck of the woods - they won't get mine, it's in the back garden and our dog would kill anyone who is foolish enough to come over the wall !!

But it's worrying for anyone with out apiaries ... I would suggest (as I have in the past) some heavy chains, padlocks and a staple buried in a bucket sized lump of concrete cast in the ground under the hive. Prevention, or at least deterrent, is the only solution.

With a pattern forming, maybe it's time for the scrote to meet a number of concerned beekeepers unexpectedly one night.

Maybe an A3/A31 bait hive is required?

With a pattern forming, maybe it's time for the scrote to meet a number of concerned beekeepers unexpectedly one night.

Maybe an A3/A31 bait hive is required?

Either rigged up to the national grid or a nice package of high explosive (got a few recipes if anyone's interested :D)

Either rigged up to the national grid or a nice package of high explosive (got a few recipes if anyone's interested :D)

No.

Bee underpants reach the parts other bees do not.

Had three stolen within 400 yds of the Denmead ones last winter-they were reported to the local police and the Country watch officers.

Obviously a local beekeeper with knowledge as hives were on private land not visible from the road and they stripped out the hives and left the empy supers and fondant on the site. Would have taken two people to carry them to the road for vehicle access

Latest posts

Back