Stc 1000

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
I have seen a thread on here a while back with the wiring directions (the instruction are shite) but what did i expect as it is from China, if i knew i would not have ordered it but it said UK dealer who obviously bought in bulk from China.

Anyway could some one Please kindly stick the wiring instructions up as there is no positive and negative on the little piece of paper the size of a tab packet.
Thanks
Steve.

Here you go...

Attachments

• stc1000.jpg
    stc1000.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 59
  • wiring-1.gif
    wiring-1.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 42
The important thing to understand about the stc1000 is that the heating and cooling outputs are not powered by the stc1000 itself. Effectively you pass the live wire from the plug on your heater through the relay (by cutting the live wire and putting one side of cut wire on each side of the cooling relay). The neutral and earth cables do not pass through the stc1000.

It doesn't matter which side of the relay is connected to which side of the cut wire, as the relay just joins the two ends together so that current can flow.

Last edited:
I blew my first up. I got it right the second time [emoji6]
I don’t have a cooling element so you just leave out the wires connected to that part of the diagram. No live feed to 5 and no live feed from 6 to the cooler on the diagram above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Use a contactor to switch the heating load, the contacts on those units are not good enough for a heater in your heating cabinet and will burn out after a short time if you don't,

As already stated there is no positive and negative they are working on ac

Nice one Steve, just been looking into this over the last week as I now have a bucket of very hard set honey to deal with, courtesy of bloody OSR and not that much and not too close either but my Little darlings found it

Last edited:
Nice one Steve, just been looking into this over the last week as I now have a bucket of very hard set honey to deal with, courtesy of bloody OSR and not that much and not too close either but my Little darlings found it
Wingy...will you jar straight away your osr honey, after warming & stiring, or seed to make creamed honey? Which is best to do? Sorry to hijack thread.

Wingy...will you jar straight away your osr honey, after warming & stiring, or seed to make creamed honey? Which is best to do? Sorry to hijack thread.

Perhaps it is a North / South thing

Soft set honey is seeded and cooled gradually to form a fine spreadable honey.

Creamed honey seems to be set OSR and Ivy honey beaten into a grainy paste in a "creaming machine"

Can someone explain?

Probably, but still confused, will check back. Thanks. Back to the thread I have never heard of a contactor aand have just installed an stc1000 so will see how it goes. Also connected a lamp to test if the heater is switching on & off. Put the stc 1000 in a plastic tub per the pics. My osr honet is now setting, taken off 2 weeks ago so hopefully can soon go in the 'fridge'. Then I have to decide whether to seed or just jar...or both!

Attachments

• warm cab2.JPG
    warm cab2.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 32
  • warm cab.JPG
    warm cab.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 28

My first honey crop also, I’ve done some into jars which has set but very nice spread on toast, the rest will be warmed & seeded (I think)

Use a contactor to switch the heating load, the contacts on those units are not good enough for a heater in your heating cabinet and will burn out after a short time if you don't

Most of the ones I have seen are rated to 10A so a 2kW heater should be OK. Most people are using 60 or 120W tube heaters in warming cabinets so the current is less than 1A so even taking the China factor into consideration should be fine. Have you experienced otherwise?

Latest posts

Back