Spotted again

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popparand

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Vegan Honey from Bury St Edmunds at our local market. Priced at £5.00 for 190 gm. Bit high for lavender flavoured golden syrup though.

Vegan Honey from Bury St Edmunds at our local market. Priced at £5.00 for 190 gm. Bit high for lavender flavoured golden syrup though.

Well if it’s advertised as honey and is not report it

How can you have Vegan honey ? All the Vegans that I know consider it as an 'animal product' and won't touch it ? There are some vegans that I have met that take a very vociferous view of beekeeping in general and believe that we exploit the bees and rob them of their honey ...

I know, it's bonkers .. but I've stopped even trying to win an argument with an evangelical vegan - some I've come across just want the argument and my reply, once I realise what's on their agenda is to gently say that I understand their position and I respect it .. and then tell them that I've stopped eating bees and I will encourage others to stop as well ... The look of bemused confusion prior to an exit stage left has to be seen to be believed !

It it's not honey and it's labelled as honey - Trading Standards need to know.

Well if it’s advertised as honey and is not report it

How can you have Vegan honey ? All the Vegans that I know consider it as an 'animal product' and won't touch it ? There are some vegans that I have met that take a very vociferous view of beekeeping in general and believe that we exploit the bees and rob them of their honey ...

I know, it's bonkers .. but I've stopped even trying to win an argument with an evangelical vegan - some I've come across just want the argument and my reply, once I realise what's on their agenda is to gently say that I understand their position and I respect it .. and then tell them that I've stopped eating bees and I will encourage others to stop as well ... The look of bemused confusion prior to an exit stage left has to be seen to be believed !

It it's not honey and it's labelled as honey - Trading Standards need to know.

No need to report it, if it is the same as online then it is called Honea. There is also another one called Bee Free vegan honey flavour syrup. This is again within the law, due to the use of flavour. That is how I interpret it.

Yes agreed it’s all in the wording.

Latest posts

Back