Spot The Queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll try to get a couple of my 2 new Q’s at this weeks inspection. Not marked yet but been laying just over a week. One very light one almost black off the same mother

Here's a couple of photos I took today of one of my new queens. Who can spot her? Too easy?

Frame-17-06-2018-09-35-38.jpg

Frame-17-06-2018-09-37-07.jpg

I got the top one .
974ed7e977256ff78051c55fe88bc1e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Here's a couple of photos I took today of one of my new queens. Who can spot her? Too easy?

View attachment 15686

View attachment 15687

That is a sneaky one :spy:.. i have several Virgins running around at the moment but i have not had time the take a picture lately, i splatted one yesterday but unsure if i done the deed properly as i got balled up and flicked my hand to rid it of bees so i do not know if she landed in the super or beside the hive or on the floor.. the weather was bad so i did not check the super.. i will tomorrow though.;)

Yep got the top one and think bottom one is towards the bottom slightly over to right. Daughter sat on her head???

Yes been through whole thread

This years just started to lay about a week ago

Last edited:
Well now you say that Swarm it was easy, thanks for the clue. Thats the first one to stump me.

Nice photos and good for the thread.

Can I suggest that for the benefit of people using the thread, you don’t post up where the Queen is?

If you aren’t certain PM the photographer????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can I suggest that for the benefit of people using the thread, you don’t post up where the Queen is?

Understood. Have put the images into a board album so if people want to see, they can go there. Don't want my email / inbox filled with requests to post images ;)

Nice photos and good for the thread.

If you aren’t certain PM the photographer????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is common sense but some mothers do have them :D however after a few day's the poster of the picture can give the game away surely if it is a hard one, i have seven hives to get through over the next few weeks, to find Virgins and clip and mark mated Queens, if i am not pushed for time i will take some pictures..;)

Last edited:
Why are these forums unable to take pictures that have been taken in the 21st century ?

Millet how on earth do you keep your frames so clean. Mine had a bailey comb change this spring and theyre already a sticky mess?

Move it to your computer photos, magnify and go through slowly. She is there and is a solid colour. :)

Or click to open the photo, then right click on the photo, click <open image in new tab> then you can use Ctrl and + together to enlarge the image as much as you want.

Back