Spot The Queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't have as many as I though of queens so here are the last 2, the observant will notice that these are the same frame but she isn't in the same place [emoji6]

582c880edc3202e0347734955711becf.jpg

03220830f88c7226e358048d6ecb0b95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice
1) slightly above & right of centre to the left of the capped brood
2) almost dead centre
3) centre vertical over to the right

These pics are all light queens, much easier to spot. I don't have any queen shots anymore but finding a black queen is more difficult.

This is for beginners though :)
But I agree. I have a few dark queens but all dotted

Aye, point taken :sorry: but it's page 5 now and time for more of a challenge. I don't have any unmarked queens now or I would post a photo. My 2015 queen doesn't count, she is black and unmarked but she strayed, her offspring are banded, making her more obvious.

Aye, point taken :sorry: but it's page 5 now and time for more of a challenge. I don't have any unmarked queens now or I would post a photo. My 2015 queen doesn't count, she is black and unmarked but she strayed, her offspring are banded, making her more obvious.
That's easily solved, mark your next Queens with a black mark that way she will still be marked but no one will be able to see it.:spy:

Mine are usually marked with dayglo pink and even then they can be elusive. The frame activity is usually the give away.
With yellow queens their markings are usually quite different as well, which just makes them more obvious.

Try finding a black virgin queen lol not an easy task but managed to do it this year and marked her, now her abdomen is nearly twice the size

It is a easy one if you have spotted a few but here you go, a one i found today for anyone who has not spotted one yet, 50/50 if she is mated, she looks plump enough but no eggs yet plenty of polished cells though.

Attachments

• IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 114
Nice easy one that one. Forgot this thread. Propolis and cameras don’t mix ;)

Nice easy one that one. Forgot this thread. Propolis and cameras don’t mix ;)

I have harder pictures Colin but it may boost a new comers confidence at finding there own Queen if they can spot her on this picture, the long brown legs always give the game away..;)

I have harder pictures Colin but it may boost a new comers confidence at finding there own Queen if they can spot her on this picture, the long brown legs always give the game away..;)

It was just a joke. I need to get my camera back out but all my queens are marked now so more of a give away than the legs.

Can we have another maybe a bit harder plz?

Back