Sinister !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
Strange one !!

Have hives in a few locations , one site on allotment, opened up yesterday and on the cardboard over the feeder hole in crown board was scrawled as photo in Polish.

Colleague translated to read

" Do Not Touch " and then the word " F**K "

Lovely ehh ! , probably now going to have to move it, before it or contents are stolen, on Double Brood so a real hassle

Hive in same location last two seasons, no hive there before. Some lovely people out there... !

Attachments

• IMG_4843.JPG
    IMG_4843.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Maybe a curious polish worker opened to have a look and is warning colleagues not to do the same?

I know, I am gullible :)

Might not be as sinister as you think.

What has been written can also be translated as 'This is good. FFS don't touch'.

Notwithstanding the less sinister translation any interest/interference raises the prospect of theft or foul play.

Anyone with their sticky fingers in someone else's beehives must be considered a threat to security. Why would they open the hive? If they are beekeepers...surely they would make themselves known in the normal fashion.

have you informed the local plod and the allotment association where the hive is ?? whether you move it or not, these people should be informed and hopefully taken further

Might not be as sinister as you think.

What has been written can also be translated as 'This is good. FFS don't touch'.

Notwithstanding the less sinister translation any interest/interference raises the prospect of theft or foul play.

Thanks Karol

Not sure how opening up a strapped beehive, removing the roof, and writing a cryptic note on the crown board in Polish could not be construed as sinister.

Considering it is my hive, and has been since the day the Apiary was opened two years ago. Its is actually still the original hive in the same place unmoved for two years.

If that is not strange not sure what is !

I tend to greet and discuss beekeeping with other Beek's as opposed to creeping around opening their hives and writing notes in a different language.

Not sure how you could even consider this not to be a sinister or plain weird thing to do.

Last edited:
I find it quite easy to believe that a non-beekeeper might come across a hive, have a nose around to see what it was and upon discovering that it was full of stinging insects decide to write "DO NOT TOUCH" on it. I'm not saying that's completely normal behaviour, but it doesn't seem too weird.

However, taking the trouble to unstrap the roof before lifting it off does seem a bit unneccessarily nosey(!), and writing a message on the crown board rather than on the outside of the hive also seems very odd.

Maybe they are not a fan of feeder board holes being left open and have given you some helpful advice!

I find it quite easy to believe that a non-beekeeper might come across a hive, have a nose around to see what it was and upon discovering that it was full of stinging insects decide to write "DO NOT TOUCH" on it. I'm not saying that's completely normal behaviour, but it doesn't seem too weird.

Do you... My God ... I could not think of much stranger !!. Amazing how you could consider that any way approaching normal.

What Gob**** does not know what a beehive looks like ? by the time the strap is undone and roof off they are out.

However, taking the trouble to unstrap the roof before lifting it off does seem a bit unneccessarily nosey(!), and writing a message on the crown board rather than on the outside of the hive also seems very odd.

a bit Ever so slightly... !!!

Would you walk up to a dog kennell and write on the entrance... Beware.. Dog in here !! Normal ?? Maybe you think so, maybe I am over sensitive to some Gob$$$$$ opening my hives and writing notes on the internal crown board....

Maybe they are not a fan of feeder board holes being left open and have given you some helpful advice!

It gets better ! Classic !

Feeder hole was not open ! Never are or will be.

Equivalent of .. if you left your fridge door open someone calls around your house, breaks in and leaves a note on the fridge door to remind you they do not approve of you leaving it open ! Well nearly equivalent !!

Last edited:
Are the allotments locked up and only allotment holders have keys like ours did? If so, can you ask about any Polish holders and maybe narrow it down a bit? I would not be happy, I would move them pronto before they come back with the necessary to do so themselves.

It gets better ! Classic !

Feeder hole was not open ! Never are or will be.

Equivalent of .. if you left your fridge door open someone calls around your house, breaks in and leaves a note on the fridge door to remind you they do not approve of you leaving it open ! Well nearly equivalent !!

Brian, Was meant as a tongue in cheek comment, for as you know it is a regular topic on here.

No offence meant, as it is a rather strange if not unique experience.

Surely a thief would be more discrete than to leave a note saying, in effect "I'll be back".
That said, I once represented a flasher who'd committed his offence on his front door step. Some criminals are not too bright.

That said, I once represented a flasher who'd committed his offence on his front door step. Some criminals are not too bright.

Brilliant... absolutely Briliant ! :D

No offence meant, as it is a rather strange if not unique experience.

No offence taken Floyd ... Really.

Just musing publicly as to how strange some people can be , as in the person who would open someone else's property interfere with it and leave a note.

Just out of interest is the hive on your own plot in the allotment?

Well if nothing else my Polish has improved and should the same happen to me..... I'll keep you posted.

For me its truly weird and........... I would not be happy. Cant really put a hive of the evil incarnate bee's next to it to stand guard on an allotment sadly....

Latest posts

Back