Simon the beekeeper closing down sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a while I've wondered if Patrick is ill. He went from being involved on here a year ago to very quiet.
From my experience they have had machining issues on parts, supply issues and he's getting no younger : the job guarantees high blood pressure and a heart attack

Last edited:
he was giving up. closed 1 month later
Park closed but not for those reasons.

The owners of the small industrial estate near Blackheath were determined to sell or redevelop the land for the usual up-market flats. The reluctant businesses were offered cash incentives to leave early. Godfrey had hoped to sell the business as a going concern, but discussions came to naught and he called it a day after 27+ years.

Great loss, because Park was the only physical equipment supplier accessible to both North and South Londoners, and Godfrey had old-school knowledge of beekeeping and equipment in depth, often lacking in retail these days. Still miss the old boy, but saw him late last year and at 80+ he's busy keeping bees.

Great loss, because Park was the only physical equipment supplier accessible to both North and South Londoners,
Isn't there a new one in Dulwich/Se22? Not that accessible to N London though.

These Correx inspection board are good value in his sale .. I keep my inspection boards in most of the time (abeit a good 50mm below the mesh floor) and I like to swap them over regularly with a clean one. I only have a couple of spare boards so for sake of a tenner I've now got more than enough.. I find that estate agents boards are no longer discarded in our area and the election posters are now printed on stuff that is so thin it's useless.

https://www.simonthebeekeeper.co.uk...mm-correx-sheets-50cm.html#product-infos-tabs
The varroa mesh is good at £1.50 a sheet as well if you are making your own hives.

Last edited:
The varroa mesh is good at £1.50 a sheet as well if you are making your own hives.
It’s currently out of stock…….I’m a bit pis£ed off though as I bought 40 sheets off said company last week at £4 each😢🤬😢 Just to give you all a good laugh!

It’s currently out of stock…….I’m a bit pis£ed off though as I bought 40 sheets off said company last week at £4 each😢🤬😢 Just to give you all a good laugh!
Well I only bought 5 at £4 ea so don't feel so bad now. To be fair I did think that was a decent price, just not as decent as £1.50!

It’s currently out of stock

I actually had the page up and was entering the number I wanted when the "out of stock" legend appeared :(

I'm assuming that "out of stock" now means "we've sold everything we have and we won't be getting any more".

James

I actually had the page up and was entering the number I wanted when the "out of stock" legend appeared :(

I'm assuming that "out of stock" now means "we've sold everything we have and we won't be getting any more".

James
That's certainly how I read it, guess the 5 I bought a few days ago I'll eke out by making half OMF rather than fully open.

I don't think anyone has agreed to that price. As they are out of stock, they have probably set a low price to give the feeling to whoever has to acquire material that the opportunity is good for any other material. Said perception may not be true and is called reference value, it consists of establishing a price scale based on a reference previously known by the client. If the reference is equal to or less than the known value, they always dare to buy; if it is higher, an excuse will be invented to reject the product.
In this case, it is the seller who tries to establish that reference in certain products (which are not available for reasons beyond their control).

I don't think anyone has agreed to that price

To be fair to my namesake, I bought a couple at that price. A little harsh I feel.
Simon

To be fair to my namesake, I bought a couple at that price. A little harsh I feel.
Simon
That supposes that you bought the last pair that was left, since if there were more quantity at that price, would you take them without problem?

I don't think anyone has agreed to that price. As they are out of stock, they have probably set a low price to give the feeling to whoever has to acquire material that the opportunity is good for any other material. Said perception may not be true and is called reference value, it consists of establishing a price scale based on a reference previously known by the client. If the reference is equal to or less than the known value, they always dare to buy; if it is higher, an excuse will be invented to reject the product.
In this case, it is the seller who tries to establish that reference in certain products (which are not available for reasons beyond their control).
I’m off to sharpen some tooth picks and start stabbing myself

Simon the Beekeeper is closing his business down - the cheap prices at present are one-offs as he is just clearing out all his remaining stock,

Latest posts

Back