Show us Pictures of your Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are taken at our club apiary near Kings Lynn

picture.php

Can you see the eggs, larve and a bee hatching, great to see it in one photo!

picture.php

Blooming wasps, althought there were a lot about they didnt cause too much of a problem

picture.php

I love this photo of an Adder who came to help out, what a gentle creature.
picture.php

Last edited:
Novel place to keep the smoker Lois........

I read a guide to doing the basic bee keeping exam that suggested keeping the smoker close to hand, like between your knees. I'll see if I can find it

I always smile when I see your avatar Karen. I miss my children being small and making castles at the beach. Ahhh.

I always smile when I see your avatar Karen. I miss my children being small and making castles at the beach. Ahhh.

Thanks :D It goes so quickly. My eldest is 12 now and is so grown up, don't know where the time went.

"You show me yours";)

"Mines bigger than yours, so there":hurray:

Fab, it made me laugh too.

pollen-2.jpg

pollen-1.jpg

frame1.jpg

daimeg.jpg

last one added only because it makes me laugh every time I see it :D

That's what I call an 'egg' photo!
Best Regards
TBRNoTB

born, emerging,goosberry bush,fell from sky etc etc.

Don't you mean BECMWOPBLOELQ2WA
Perhaps this should be added to the acronym list.

Or just call it "Emerging Bee"

Isn't everyone being a little 'picky'?;)

Taff - your photos made me think - if you have trouble seeing the eggs, take photos of the brood frames then look at them on the 'pooter, blown up.

Love the photo of the dogs - it made me laugh too!

Taff - your photos made me think - if you have trouble seeing the eggs, take photos of the brood frames then look at them on the 'pooter, blown up.

Love the photo of the dogs - it made me laugh too!

to be fair, it's probably easier to get a magnifying glass than set up a camera on a tripod with a remote release etc. (that stops you getting propolis all over the camera ;)) and taking the frame away from over the top of the hive and risk dropping the queen into the grass.

Why would you need all that remote/tripod nonsense? Only if you want to be in the photo too!

Why would you need all that remote/tripod nonsense? Only if you want to be in the photo too!

1. so that you dont have to handle frames and camera at the same time,

2. the tripod holds the camera steady to reduce/eliminate camera shake - better quality photo's, especially if you are using a macro lense with a tiny depth of field.

3. stops propolis getting all over the expensive camera, set up before putting gloves on/with clean glove, take it down without dirty gloves on.
camera = lots of £, remote release = £10

I think it may be hard to hold a frame an take a photograph at the same time, so I can understand a tripod.

I did a video for my son in the summer when he was in Aus. Not great viewing. It shows me dithering after I realised I failed to do a planned icing sugar treatment. It shows me me scratching my head “Doh”, and it has two great shots of me getting stung. I promise you, not great to watch.

Please keep posting the photos; I am appreciating all of them. Many are stunning.

1. so that you dont have to handle frames and camera at the same time,

2. the tripod holds the camera steady to reduce/eliminate camera shake - better quality photo's, especially if you are using a macro lense with a tiny depth of field.

3. stops propolis getting all over the expensive camera, set up before putting gloves on/with clean glove, take it down without dirty gloves on.
camera = lots of £, remote release = £10

Press gang the missus into taking the shots .Good god man she cost you 7s 6d plus the rest of your earnings for life, make her work for it !!!!!

John wilkinson

Press gang the missus into taking the shots .Good god man she cost you 7s 6d plus the rest of your earnings for life, make her work for it !!!!!

John wilkinson

there's not a cat in hells chance of MrsTaff getting THAT close to the hives :eek:

I'd still have the camera on a tripod anyway :D

Latest posts

Back