Show us Pictures of your Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiving a swarm the `slow` way. Have a look at this rather impromptu video of my sons first running in of a swarm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s367VyG9us
He captured the action quite well considering it was taken on his mobile, and he got pretty close to the action. Its always a wonderful sight, to see the girls adopt a new home! - Roll on next spring!

fantastic post. thanks for sharing.

variety is the spice of....

I am really really enjoying seeing all these pics / video clips. It makes me realise that since I got my bees 18 months ago I haven't taken any recent pictures, so something I intend to rectify! (though to be honest concentrating on the job in hand is more than enough for me at present!!!).

Since dislocating my thumb at Easter and it still not 100% right moving frames is a real problem(thumb grip = big problem), I am thinking of possibly going down the TBH next year for one of my two hives (a bit of an experiment to see if I can manage these bars better if my thumb doesn't regain full 'pull / squeeze and lift factor'). Any more photos re TBH would be both interesting and useful...though any photos would be interesting truth be told (and it the meantime I shall try and get a recent photo my bees)

Warts

Kaz, I had a funny experience speaking to a young lady doctor recently. The conversation turned to bee stings and she asked, "What does a bee sting feel like"? I fixed her with a cheeky smile and said, "You know when you are just about to give someone an injection and say to them that this will just sting a little bit"? I think that was her aha moment . . .

Thanks Hombre. I am sure I have built it up in my head to the point where I expect it to feel like a red hot poker being rammed into your arm/leg/hand/where ever you get zapped. It's probably nowhere near as bad as I expect.

Warts,

re your thumb, have you thought of getting one of those frame gripper things as found on ebay and no doubt other places....

"have you thought of getting one of those frame gripper things as found on ebay and no doubt other places...."

Hi Dishmop

Now you mention it, I think I have seen (pre injury) such kit, and I shall now investigate this

Much appreciated

ps I see you have TBHs, do the bees glue these down as much as nat ones?

One of my hives a couple of days ago - nice pollen.

Pollen-7-Oct.jpg

Chris

Is that a French Nicot plastic hive you have there?

here is a colony that colonised some empty supers I had earlier on in the year, shot taken today

super+bees.JPG

here is a colony that colonised some empty supers I had earlier on in the year, shot taken today

super+bees.JPG

Why have you got brood in the super? Ours have stopped that long since and filled the space with honey.

He told you:

"here is a colony that colonised some empty supers I had earlier on in the year, shot taken today"

DrS, have you taken over from RAB in the grumpy stakes whilst he is away?

Come back Rab, we miss you.

Back to the post, these photos are all really great. I have enjoyed this thread very much. Thanks all.
Cazza

I thought it was a fair question.

Supers colonised earlier in the year, yet still full of brood today.

How much earlier was it?

Latest posts

Back