Save money on Amazon shopping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooBee...

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2+ nucs
Just discovered this :offtopic: section, so I thought some of the members might appreciate saving some money this Christmas.

I came across the website camelcamelcamel a short while ago, and the other night I was thinking back to how much money I've saved over the past few months, I guess by using the alerts I'll save between between £1000 to £2000 over the next year.

Basically the website TRACKS the price changes of amazon products, yes that's right for those of you that didn't know, amazon changes the prices of it's products a lot and very often; 50% swings either way are not uncommon!

I typed in the word Beekeeping and randomly clicked on this book, just click here and scroll down and you'll see a history chart showing the price changes.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/BBKA-Guide-Beekeeping-Second/product/1472920899?context=search

Hope you like.

Actually Amazon arranges the market place and individual companies sell their products.

I save £millions on Amazon - I buy only what I need..

Good site, thanks for the tip
E

You're more than welcome mate, hoped it would help some of us.

I became a fan of Amazon early on because I love books, but only recently realised that it was a good idea to check their prices first before I bought from somewhere else (often they can be cheaper, but not always), I was really shocked when I discovered I could buy a dozen uncommon little batteries for what I had been paying for one!

Amazon isn't always the cheapest place, one must shop around to get a real bargain

Amazon isn't always the cheapest place, one must shop around to get a real bargain

For books usually, but not always, I find Wordery ( https://wordery.com/ ) cheaper than Amazon. They also do not charge postage for any order, no matter how small, and they send out books individually as soon as available rather than waiting to put them all in one shipment.

I save £millions on Amazon - I buy only what I need..

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I became a fan of Amazon early on because I love books,

For books usually, but not always, .

They can't smash books up in transit!

I tend not to bother with anything else as their "packing department seem to have no spatial awareness or idea of how gravity works!
Something fragile usually gets tucked at the bottom corner of a box that's much too big, paper packed on top so that if it gets a slightest knock in the right place there's just the thickness of the outer box between the thing you've bought & whatever they drop it on. :bump:
They also use the cheapest couriers who are usually reluctant to leave the towns and when they eventually get out into the sticks they have the "sorry we missed you" ticket already written so they can pop it through the door & leg it! :nono:

Well I am out in the sticks and use Amazon a lot. I have never had anything delivered broken and I have nothing but praise for the Royal Mail, DPD, and Hermes for getting my parcels up a difficult track to me. I send parcels to my daughter in Berlin and always use DPD who are cheap and always collect on time. I do agree about the toothbrush in an elephant sized box, though. I think it must be some sort of competition;)

They also use the cheapest couriers who are usually reluctant to leave the towns and when they eventually get out into the sticks they have the "sorry we missed you" ticket already written so they can pop it through the door & leg it!

I'm also way out in the sticks so use Amazon a lot. Never had a problem with deliveries with any of their courier firms and we are not easy to find even with Sat Nav.
But yes pint boxes inside gallon containers....had one or two recent items arrive damaged but whether this was due to packaging is difficult to tell. But super returns service, pick up from door and refund as soon as item logged on their system.

I do agree about the toothbrush in an elephant sized box, though. I think it must be some sort of competition;)

Had a paperback colouring book about the size of a thinnish magazine last week - in a box big enough to hold ninety honey jars!!

Had a paperback colouring book about the size of a thinnish magazine last week - in a box big enough to hold ninety honey jars!!

we got a memory stick in a similar size box. Tons of packing which the BIL reuses for sending through the post.

If you are going to save two grand in one year, it is very likely you already have a problem!

Save a lot more by buying less!!

If you are going to save two grand in one year, it is very likely you already have a problem!

Save a lot more by buying less!!

Get yourself a 9 1/2 stone Rottweiler and see how much you save on buying good quality dog food in one year, add to that the odd free bag because it arrives torn, plus any batteries, anything from B&Q (I know not a good example) - I'm doing a LOT of DIY stuff and gardening at the minute (this year is the first time I've ever had a garden!), vacuum cleaner bags, bulbs, also bear in mind I'm in Ireland so some things are difficult to get at good prices, the list is endless... and I haven't even mentioned the petrol savings :auto:

Yeah, those articles are very entertaining :icon_204-2:

MP's that make the Law are complaining that companies are obeying the Law. If they want companies to pay more tax stop writing tax exemptions (called loopholes in the press) into tax law.

You might be interested in knowing how Franchises are made to pay for their License (it's easy with creative accounting to have a zero Profit - tax is calculated on Profit) they are made to pay a percentage of their Turnover... it's just one of many ways...

If you're really interested in this kind of stuff go and read a DTT (Double Tax Treaty), essentially it's a manual to help companies (often individuals as well) to avoid tax, but on the other hand you probably don't have insomnia, so no need to then!

When this topic comes up, people I speak to are always surprised to learn the USA and then the UK are the two biggest tax avoidance facilitators in the world (I think Switzerland is around the fifth biggest), there's one building in the State of Delaware that has over 250,000 Shell Companies (a company used for tax avoidance) registered to it, either the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax dodge, to paraphrase Obama when he was campaigning for President (he was talking about a building in, I think BVI, but with only 20,000 companies registered to it), but I can feel a :rant: coming on, so I better stop, before I bore everyone even more...:blush5:

If you're really interested in this kind of stuff go and read...

Quite content to just read what your writing, looks like your an expert about all things/loopholes, to avoid paying tax.

Latest posts

Back