Salt and Baking soda?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salt and Baking soda as a Varroacide ?

Sprinkled as a powder on frames............ ?

Is this soomething you've read about, or do you just think it sounds like a good idea?

Some thing I was told this afternoon... from a commercial beekeeperer with 30 years of keeping bees!

One fool may ask more than 10 wise can answer...

This forum is not a Varroa Control Developing Centre.
It took 10 years to accept best varroa control methods in this forum which has been made in European Union Varroa Group.

oh boy.....next question...

Some thing I was told this afternoon... from a commercial beekeeperer with 30 years of keeping bees!

Very well if he still has bees...with those skills....

In Beemaster forum there are better guys. They advice that "do nothing". Let the Nature do.

One fool may ask more than 10 wise can answer...

This forum is not a Varroa Control Developing Centre.
It took 10 years to accept best varroa control methods in this forum which has been made in European Union Varroa Group.

oh boy.....next question...

It's never foolish to ask questions!

i would suggest that a forum IS a space for questioning and development - everything starts somewhere.

This method may well be bunkum but it's good to discuss :)

It's never foolish to ask questions!

i would suggest that a forum IS a space for questioning and development - everything starts somewhere.

This method may well be bunkum but it's good to discuss :)

Yes it is and I answered...

After keeping 50 years bees, it is better not to debate with 2-hive owners.
Nose will bleed very soon.

My philosophy is that let universieties do the development work and do not risk your hives with the ideas of *.*.

Was it a commercial beekeeper from round here Dave?

A talk ( at Tamar Valley AONB building Drakewalls) by a commercial beekeeper with 100 +++ hives and 30 +++ years experiance somewhere in the Redruth vicinity.
Uses Commercial hives with solid floors.... thymol in trays as a varroa control in late summer when the nectar flow supering has ceased... also uses drone foundation in supers.. and places one super frame with drone brood foundation to cull drone brood in season as varroa control.
Clips and marks all queens.. inspects in season on a 10 day cycle... removes queen cells when seen... but seems to always leave all superceedure cells.

Local bees ( very dark... NOT Buck / Spinfasts!)

not worthy Mr Fin... just reporting what I learned.... the salt and baking soda was a surprise to me too.... we were half way through a bottle of mead... which had a Kick twice as hard as any Rom I tasted in my motorcycle odyssey through Finland and into Sweden a few years back !
NO treat or trickle with the deadlt OA here!!not worthy

-
I know a guy who believes immortality. He says that methods allready ready.
He believes that neurous system and new brains can be cultivated in vitro laboratory.

Sadly he is drinking too much and he has lost light of brains. I suppose that his working brains are size about peanut.
He says too many other things. He was an university teacher few years ago.

I am sure that this forum can invent a better way to cultivate new brains and nervous system. May I ask you to talk about it. At least think about development!

Last edited:
-
I know a guy who believes immortality. He says that methods allready ready.
He believes that neurous system and new brains can be cultivated in vitro laboratory.

Sadly he is drinking too much and he has lost light of brains. I suppose that his working brains are size about peanut.
He says too many other things. He was an university teacher few years ago.

I am sure that this forum can invent a better way to cultivate new brains and nervous system. May I ask you to talk about it. At least think about development!

Certainly if you wish, be better to start a new thread in Off Topic chat though, doesn't really belong in HoneyBee Health Topics forum.

;)

Latest posts

Back