Recycling brood wax?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I'll have to give it a go when I've got enough wax. Thanks
I sell it in this sort of aluminium screw top tin .. looks good with a nice round label on the top ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aluminum-S...5&sprefix=screw+top+tins,aps,103&sr=8-17&th=1

You just pour the melted polish straight in to the tin and let it set in the tin .. you can add a little lavender oil for a fragranced version or just leave it natural for a beeswax scent. There are lots of recipes about - you basically need a softening agent, as beeswax on it's own is too hard. There are variants that use chopping board oil, turpentine and boiled linseed oil - in various proportions - but don't use Linseed oil on its own with the beeswax as it tends to stay sticky for a long time. If you want a longer lasting shine you can also add a small percentage of Carnuba wax.

I sell it in this sort of aluminium screw top tin .. looks good with a nice round label on the top ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aluminum-Sopito-Containers-Candles-Cosmetics/dp/B08YK6Z6QC/ref=sr_1_17?crid=17DUCBQVXDU2F&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Aec2dp4GrMP-EQFgC9D2IPu0qFZ1qyLt73l7M_fu1qEM-PkYufE1D7J9Oo-l-KTyVsnFG4odszrpWzEp8Tw2u7A7GPfYoH6APr-Zepl1kPeYlbhg7auaW3vLQZ4R-mfweS9IvFDpSVqXbSQi2KiitZVAFHxQI78PGmj_sF8LaelPd7__rm1kG5s9kQhFIWeCnQOl8VfMTIbWzvui7999OyX_dwj1hbH-lv0nIER_TTHq-w1FA4ZLLrzAzeSWnMLgVg64cqhKNfBnh5m1Ip97v1Gt0U9kfrMlPftg0hgH5gA.MPhpXMAHYXmX9eppj-oMFyNRBE-Ag4BgEIP5ZAzkbfI&dib_tag=se&keywords=small+screw+top+tins&nsdOptOutParam=true&qid=1727701845&sprefix=screw+top+tins,aps,103&sr=8-17&th=1

You just pour the melted polish straight in to the tin and let it set in the tin .. you can add a little lavender oil for a fragranced version or just leave it natural for a beeswax scent. There are lots of recipes about - you basically need a softening agent, as beeswax on it's own is too hard. There are variants that use chopping board oil, turpentine and boiled linseed oil - in various proportions - but don't use Linseed oil on its own with the beeswax as it tends to stay sticky for a long time. If you want a longer lasting shine you can also add a small percentage of Carnuba wax.
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Do you sell on Facebook marketplace?

Latest posts

Back