Purchase of MGB'S

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
HI Guys: Well I have been Busy looking for a MGB for restoration and I just found 2 of the buggers and bought them both!
One I wuill keep for myself is a 1979 MGB with overdrive transmission convertible they are both rough in some way however no rust on the 79 model ands only rust on the 76 model is right rear panel has some rust.I got them for 800.00 each and hope that I did well?Never know I guess but the body's are not damaged,etc inside needs complete re do of the inside but I can handle that as I have access to trim shop and have done some work on seats,etc.
I will be looking for some parts and I guess Moss is the place!Also E Bay!
I plan on selling the 76 model or parting it out!Both these cars are the rubber bumper type and the steel bumper one are more expensive.
When I saw the cars I guess I got carried away and bought them both!Guess I need a pair and the Old Hen isn't saying a lot so guess all is well there! Wish me luck and I might have some questions later. Thanks,Bill:winner1st:

I think the rubber bumpers came about because of the US market so perhaps appropriate all the same wishing you all the best and hope it takes less time than my ongoing Austin 7 restoration.

Pics would be nice, a thread on old cars is just up my street... love restoring them and if I'd of kept some of the cars I have had would be rich now.
I have never owned or worked on the mgb but nearly bought an early chrome bumper a few years ago but restored a mk4 Triumph Spitfire instead. I have a passion for the Mini and have bought restored and sold a fair few of them over the years and own 2 at the moment...
I am restoring a MG Metro Turbo at the moment because I always wanted one in my youth and could not afford the insurance so thrashed a few standard mg metros instead... Metro turbos are nearly extinct but i will resurect my pocket rocket....

hope you post your progress with the Mgbs GOOD LUCK :)

Recently came across a1936 standard 12 needing exceptional tlc the car i went to see was worse off a1974 bmw 2002ii coupe with a canvas hood iwent to see it because of the number plate PPG 4l but alas shed roof had collapsed on it along with my hopes.

Hey Guys: I will try to post some photos after I get the cars home!They are located about 125 miles from my home and I bought them and didn't have time to get them befor the Christmas Holidays so after Christmas I will bring them home and then can get lots of photos!They are neat little cars and I am really looking forward to restoring it.AS usual I always spend to much money on my projects.I restyored several Old Chris Craft Boats over the years the latest was a 38 footer took 3 years to do!I hope to get the car done in 3 to 4 months!

If you are interested, there are kits to convert the rubber bumpered cars to chrome bumper but in the long run I think that sort of conversion detracts from the car's history.... You can source parabolic springs for the back of MGBs and a conversion kit to change to telescopic dampers all round - Seems to be a good way to improve the handling.

Latest posts

Back