Protective Suits - recommendations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modern Beekeeping - nice range of suits with both traditional hats and fencer type masks, in varying colours. Lots of zips and velcro in all the right places. Bought mine with the traditional hat but it is one of those with aertex holes round the side below the crown and a band to go round your forehead to keep the hat off your head. Does not work so I wear a flat cap underneath to keep the stings from getting through. Otherwise seemed one of the cheaper suits from the main suppliers such as Thornes, etc.

Sheriff Suit, smock and veil/vest same problem with all 3.:mad:

I use a elasticated terry sweat band - pins yer lugs back and keeps the sweat out of your eyes too - sorted:biggrinjester:

Hi,
I like the durability of the Sherriff suits decided to go with a khaki countryman smock veil from ************* not to keen on the all in ones as I get to hot even in mild weather.
Beesrus

I have the BB wear and it'e been good.
Must make sure the hood zips are together as there is no flap but it's performed well so far.

Like others, with the astronaut hood I've been stung on top of the ear. (only once and I have had a very aggressive colony)

Wearing a hat solves this but makes you sweat even more.

I have a sherrif and a bb wear astronaught suit. I prefer the BB wear suit as the hood is further away from my face.

Sheriff Suit, smock and veil/vest same problem with all 3.:mad:

I use a elasticated terry sweat band - pins yer lugs back and keeps the sweat out of your eyes too - sorted:biggrinjester:

Inspired! I will purchase, I may go for the full 80's thing and get some leg warmers as well. :ack2:

BBwear suit (BB1) which I've found is very protective and very hot. Purchased a separate BB2 jacket at Stoneleigh this year and have worn it for 90% of the year. Easy to put on and - for the top of your body - equally protective. Just take care not to bend over too far as the back can ride up.

--
fatshark

My 26 year old son bought an all in one suit from bee basic in April. It has had very little wear and split between his legs letting in lots of bees which resulted in very nasty stings, it then shrunk in the wash. The next time he wore it was not a pretty sight. No mother should have seen what I saw that day.
I bought mine off that very famous auction site starting with an e and ending with a y. It is an all in one fencing style. It is fab. Really thick material and very good quality. the very best thing about the suit is the colour. It is white with yellow and green flowers with dragonflies on it. I am sure the bees try to pollenate me when I am wearing itbee-smillie

split between his legs letting in lots of bees which resulted in very nasty stings, it then shrunk in the wash.

Poor lad, stung down there and then it shrunk in the wash...I hope it grows back:spam:

Sorry had to make that joke, hope he is well now.:grouphug:

Latest posts

Back