Pricing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgerow Honey

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
173 national & 100 commercial
Could not believe it today, we were walking past a café in Wrexham selling "Wrexham Honey" @ £3.85 for 12 oz.

It is Wrexham after all. It has to appeal to the demographic!

Be better off just calling it Honey

I think it's happening a lot this year - small apiary hobbyists who usually just harvest enough for own use and Christmas presents suddenly find themselves with buckets of honey and, as they 'only do it for the bees' offload it at Tesco value prices.

Sense eventually sinks in when someone turns up and buys every jar in one transaction to sell on at a mark up!

Exactly - could have sold it on your doorstep for £6 and it might have taken 3 months but you earn an extra 50%.

Saying that, there is something to be said, for shifting it in one go, by the bucket load to save on the hassle.

Exactly - could have sold it on your doorstep for £6 and it might have taken 3 months but you earn an extra 50%.

Saying that, there is something to be said, for shifting it in one go, by the bucket load to save on the hassle.

Anyone have a view on a reasonable price to sell in 30lb containers?

I seen today at a farm shop £7 for 12oz thinking it was local honey only to see it said EU and non EU honey extortionate prices!

Sense eventually sinks in when someone turns up and buys every jar in one transaction to sell on at a mark up!

Be rather good if someone turned up and bought a few tons at the price in the original post, just over £5 lb.

The doorstep is and the end of a 1/2 mile dead end private road with no public access so i think i would have to wait a life time just offloading half a dozen jars...:rolleyes:

The doorstep is and the end of a 1/2 mile dead end private road with no public access so i think i would have to wait a life time just offloading half a dozen jars...:rolleyes:

Make a pretty little "1 lb jars of honey for sale stand" and put it at the end of the road where the passers by are... with an honesty box for the three pound coins......

Perhaps not!

Chons da

Could not believe it today, we were walking past a café in Wrexham selling "Wrexham Honey" @ £3.85 for 12 oz.

I wonder if they are selling it for another person.? If so it could be even cheaper!

I sell 1lb jars to a couple of farmshops in my area. I also sell in bulk to one of them, which they sell by weight (really nice ‘on display’, people can buy any quantity they want, or refill their own jar).
Adds another dimension as people are normally quite fascinated by looking at honey flowing into a jar.

Make a pretty little "1 lb jars of honey for sale stand" and put it at the end of the road where the passers by are... with an honesty box for the three pound coins......

Perhaps not!

Chons da

No footpath at the end of the track... just a 60MPH rural road..

I have sold all my 96 12oz jars at £4.50 a time to local folk and the people who work in the offices where my wife works. Could have got £5 probably and next year probably will as finding a load of fifty pence pieces all the time was a pain in the neck.

Being my first year selling honey (gave it all away last year as there wasn't much) I was careful not to overprice and be stuck (pun not intentional) with honey into next season plus my house is not big and nearly a hundred jars of honey takes up a lot of room. Next year I shall be more bullish in my honey-selling and pricing activities.

Latest posts

Back