Price of honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overheating trailer crammed with hives destined for the heather? ;)

Obviously, because the honey has to go somewhere, this series will eventually have an episode with Jar Jar in it... :laughing-smiley-014
[/QUOTE

Now that's just perfect!
Jar jar was brilliant in the last series.
:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

...and just look at the excess wasted packaging that shinkation generates. If Greta Thunberg had a Christmas card list, you'd be struck off :D
Oh I do hope so, I dont need or send xmas or birthday cards never have :unsure: I find easier to talk to people rather than give them a wste problem ;)

I've had quite a few customers enquiring about Ivy honey, seems to be a growing interest in medicinal value and they've heard it has special qualities.
Well this morning I brought home a few supers ;) My honey sells for £9 per 12ozs, so what should I ask for this 'special' stuff?
I'm thinking around the £12 - £15 mark.

I've had quite a few customers enquiring about Ivy honey, seems to be a growing interest in medicinal value and they've heard it has special qualities.
Well this morning I brought home a few supers ;) My honey sells for £9 per 12ozs, so what should I ask for this 'special' stuff?
I'm thinking around the £12 - £15 mark.

No idea but I thought it had lower medicinal value! Hope mine give me a bit, checking in the next few days. You do well on your sales!

No idea but I thought it had lower medicinal value! Hope mine give me a bit, checking in the next few days. You do well on your sales!
If they do hang onto it for a year. It changes completely with age. I took some to the Welsh convention one year and nobody identified it.

Now there's a point. Somewhere there is a chart of HMF levels depending on what temperature honey is stored at, amongst other things. I regularly sell honey from the previous year and my customers return so I'm not poisoning them
There was a good blog on HMF in honey recently in The Apiarist.

Well done………(y)
Did you manage to get much extracted?

It averaged out around fifteen pound per hive, I filled sixty one jars.
It's not that bad really, very strong and something else which I wouldn't call a 'bite' but definitely something. Not one for your porridge or cuppa though IMO.

I used my ivy honey during last winter in my tea, very nice too but sparingly as it is very distinct in taste and flavour.

Latest posts

Back