Price of honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One retails at £7 the other £9.95, the former outsells the latter by a huge margin. So there is clearly an 'acceptable' price for a jar of honey in my area.
Possibly, but not certainly, because we haven't seen the packaging of either, nor presentation at point of sale.

Might also be a tortoise and hare situation: the £9.95 will sell long after the £7 has run out, and for a stockist, continuity of supply beats a quick sale.

Possibly, but not certainly, because we haven't seen the packaging of either, nor presentation at point of sale.

Might also be a tortoise and hare situation: the £9.95 will sell long after the £7 has run out, and for a stockist, continuity of supply beats a quick sale.
I take your point. It's my honey so the packaging/product is the same and they're both prominently displayed on the counter near the pay desk.
Supply continuity should not be an issue as I've purposely been conservative with the number of customers I supply to avoid running out.
With no background in retail it's certainly been an interesting learning curve!

Back