Price of honey jars - up , up , up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any ideas where the best 2024 1lb and 12oz jars prices are at present? Needing about 400 of each. Just to save me searching in case anyone else has done it. Thanks
Haven't looked for those sizes but Bottle Company South is usually close to the BFA price. Paid 45p/jar yesterday for about 700 round 8oz but worked out if you go for 3840 it's about 38p/jar incl. VAT and delivery. Obviously too many for either of us!

Just received the new price list from our usual club supplier (Rawlings/ Compak) and nearly fainted.
Last year prices were up 5% and we were told to expect further increases.
But the price for 12oz Hex jar is up a further 43% to 47.6p per jar & lid, delivered. :eek:
The membership won't be happy. Let's hope they don't shoot the messenger.
That's better than I have just paid!
Do you have a link to them?

Edit: found them and checked price of 336x12oz hex with delivery - 78p.
Price from bottle company south a few days ago was 60p.

Last edited:
Haven't looked for those sizes but Bottle Company South is usually close to the BFA price. Paid 45p/jar yesterday for about 700 round 8oz but worked out if you go for 3840 it's about 38p/jar incl. VAT and delivery. Obviously too many for either of us!
If you live close enough to them, you can collect saving the delivery charge. Think I had to order 10 boxes to do that.

i bought a lot when they had sale on wont buy anymore .not the best or cleanest. lids pop if your tighten them to much ..made in china.
maybe i got a load of seconds..hobbycraft...

i bought a lot when they had sale on wont buy anymore .not the best or cleanest. lids pop if your tighten them to much ..made in china.
Yes ... if it looks too good to be true - it probably is.

My goto supplier is Freeman and Harding but even with the 10% BBKA discount 12 oz hex are working out at 62p a jar ...

Pattesons, who I've also had good service from, work out at about 60p a jar.

Both of those prices are for 500 + jars and include shipping

Not that long ago (2017) I was paying around 24p a jar.

Hopefully there will be some deals at the shows or conventions.

Pallet price (2376 jars) work out just under the 40p mark.

I bough a load of hobby craft 8oz hex jars in an emergency and probably won’t use them. They are Chinese with slightly rounded corners.

Back