Polish firm goes bust

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
I'd ordered a hive stand from eBay, identical to that sold by Park though quite a bit cheaper
!C!EbRsgBmk~$(KGrHqMOKpgEy+jC0-mDBNBo!ICvJQ~~_35.JPG

Anyway it seems the manufacturers in Poland have gone bust in case anyone else has dealings with them (sorry but dont know who)

Quite possibly. I was of course ordering from the UK and being charged a tenner P&P (which still may be more than the cost from timber merchants but I'm no DIY-er)

Looking at it, I'd spend £10 on timber and make the cross members a little deeper as it looks to be able to take at least 2 hives, maybe 3, and fully laden they will weigh a fair bit !!

Out of interest, is there a demand for hivestands ???

S

Not surprised they've gone bust - all their carpenters are over here!

cant bee good old fation bricks

What's a fat iron brick? Sounds all a bit Buckminsterfullerene and technical to me.

That stand is a terrible design.

One good push from the end and it would collapse.

who cares if the polish firm has gone bust - timber like this should be treated with an outdoor wood stain/preservative NOT polish.

That stand is a terrible design.

One good push from the end and it would collapse.

I've made a few similar to these but added a brace bar on each long length 1/4 way up from the bottom to stop it doing this.

Looking at it, I'd spend £10 on timber and make the cross members a little deeper as it looks to be able to take at least 2 hives, maybe 3, and fully laden they will weigh a fair bit !!

Out of interest, is there a demand for hivestands ???

S

It was intended to take three, though my immediate plan was to put two in it.

So if any of you budding chippies would like to build and sell me one of a similar size (68x18x12) then PM me with details

My thoughts on a stand that takes more than one hive is that when you start working on one hive ......... does the noise/vibration transmit to the other hive/s and bring the neighbours out as well?

Oi, whats going on 'er then,, keep the bloody noise down......

which company was it?

PH

I dont know the manufacturers who went bust, the company selling them on Ebay was GR Supplies, who inferred to me that they had a lot of outstanding orders so slightly peeved!

Thanks to Doc S's post on another thread I'm within the 45 days claim back from Paypal so that'll give me something to do today

Thanks for that as I am dealing with one myself at the moment for a new bee suit so wondered.

PH

Latest posts

Back